Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 ‘update tracker’ issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Having used a Charge 2 for several years, I just bought another (2nd hand) which arrived today and successfully replaced my old tracker, synced ok and all appears to be working well.  When I go into the app and my account it informs me in red at the top that I should ‘update tracker’ and shows the firmware version as 22.55.2 which I believe is an older version.  Once I initiate the update it goes through the sequences as advertised but very quickly and will default back to ‘update tracker’ and still shows version 22.55.2 so no change.  I’ve followed the standard fixes I’ve read such as restarting the Fitbit, and all the Bluetooth fixes recommended and it still does the same.  I was just wondering if there was another way to update it?  I did also try connecting via my iPhone (I’m doing it on iPad Pro) but once again the same.  So any ideas would be appreciated.  To be honest the tracker seems to be working fine so if I can’t update it, I’ll survive, but it’s bugging me now I can’t get it to do it

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Binzo and welcome to the Community.  There is no other way to update your tracker.  You must do it with the mobile app. Feel free to try again in a day or two.  It might eventually update.  It isn't on Fitbit's Legacy Device list, so I don't understand why the update keeps failing.  There is one thing you need to keep in mind.  The Charge 2 is a very reliable device, but it was discontinued in 2018.  Rechargeable batteries have a lifespan and there is no way to see the battery health of your second hand device.  The current firmware is 22.58.0, but Fitbit doesn't have a changelog that lists all versions and improvements.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @Binzo and welcome to the Community.  There is no other way to update your tracker.  You must do it with the mobile app. Feel free to try again in a day or two.  It might eventually update.  It isn't on Fitbit's Legacy Device list, so I don't understand why the update keeps failing.  There is one thing you need to keep in mind.  The Charge 2 is a very reliable device, but it was discontinued in 2018.  Rechargeable batteries have a lifespan and there is no way to see the battery health of your second hand device.  The current firmware is 22.58.0, but Fitbit doesn't have a changelog that lists all versions and improvements.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for the swift response and taking the time to reply.  Yes, I realise it’s basically a discontinued Fitbit but was just curious if there was another way to try.  I will try again in a few days and I guess next time I’ll just buy a new more up to date model.  Thanks again, very impressed with the speed and detail of the reply👏👏

Best Answer

You got lucky Binzo 

Best Answer

I’m assuming you mean as I got a reply🤣. To be honest, I never use forums so I guess that puts my forum response score at 100%.  I’ll stop now while I’m ahead 🤣

Best Answer

Exactly, you don't have to stop at lease when you keep posting trends make you get more scores. It's up to you tho 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same issue. Also bought 2nd hand. Works fine but wont update from 22.53.4

support is no help

Best Answer

Me too 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue 

Best Answer