Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 very dim display

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The display is really dim, is there a way to adjust the brightness?

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I have the same issue -- when I am outside I need to find a shady spot on my jog/walk to see the current time

Best Answer
Mine is so dim I can barely see it in the dark. It happened while it was sitting unused for a couple of weeks. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Stevers and @TFAussem! If your Charge 2 display is dim, I'd recommend restarting your Charge 2 by following these steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If your tracker was purchased through a retailer, I'd recommend taking it back to the store to see what your options are. 

When a tracker suffers damage while under warranty, you can contact Customer Support. Discounts and replacements depend on tracker model and other factors.

If there's something else you'd like me to assist you with, let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, but I've tried all of those things.I purchased it direcly through the Fitbit site on 05/17/2017, so it's out of warrant by a few months now. Are there any other options I have, other than having to purchase another one? 
Best Answer

Thanks for trying the restart I've provided @SteversI have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy They'll be more than glad to tell you what your options are.

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Thank you! I will 
Best Answer

My Fitbit charge 2 had been working perfectly and worn daily. I stop wearing it a few months ago and battery died. I just recharged and very dim display. Tried the reset multiple times as suggested. Seems a little brighter sitting a a room with the lights off, but still hardly visible.

Best Answer

I can see the display with no problem when I am indoors or outside if it is totally overcast and no sun. I am unable to see the display if I am outside and it is either partly cloudy or sunny unless I find a tree or building where I am shaded completely from the sun. Checking the settings I see no option to adjust the brightness of the display.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my Charge 2 is also very dim. Trued the fix but its still dim. Can you assist?

Best Answer