Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won`t sync with my phone.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a second hand Charge 2 but cant get it to sync with my phone app.I already have the app as I did have another watch but I deleted that one. So I can`t change the date or time. It does count my steps though. Any help would be great thanks.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Is your phone on the Approved Device List?

Best Answer

My charge 2 hasn’t synced since Monday. I think there might be an issue

Best Answer

@MarleneLundaahl @Sizzlez79 Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry to hear that your Charge 2 isn't syncing with your phone. As @SunsetRunner mentioned please check if your phone is compatible. You can try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on.

@MarleneLundaahl on your particular situation it seems that you haven't setup your tracker so please follow these instructions.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Charge 2 for almost a year and have had no issues until recently, like the last two week. I did get a new phone last year but it’s an iPhone 8 and I didn’t have any problems initially.  I hesitate to remove it because it has warned me that removing the device will delete all information that hasn’t been synced. I’m in a step competition with my work and will be losing all that data

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having troubles with my Fitbit Charge 2.  It quit syncing to my phone yesterday at 5 pm.  I can get it to sync to my computer but it will no longer sync to my phone.  Nothing has changed and I am really frustrated.

Best Answer

Same 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this. It’s from a older article I found. It didn’t work on mine but did work on my friends. 

If it's not showing as a current device or the syncing procedure didn't work, I'd recommend doing the following:

• From the Fitbit app tap the button on the top left corner and tap "devices".
  • Tap on your Fitbit listed in the menu and then at the bottom tap "Remove This device". 
  • Go into the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on "Forget This Device".
  • Go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device.

Make sure all other bluetooth enabled devices are out of range when you do this.

Best Answer

Hey!  It worked.  Phew.  I have been lost without my Fitbit.  I tried every other combination from the other posts but that one did the trick.  Thank you!  😁

Best Answer

Nothing has worked for mine....until now....power cycle your Charge 2. Once I did this I was able to sync. 

Best Answer

I have a similar problem, first the charge 2 didn't sync (since january 10th). After trying everything I've read on the forums, I finally unpaired the tracker, reinstalled the app and so on...

Now I'm stuck in a loop, everytime I enter the 4 digits. After entering the digits, I get a "try later" message.

I tried 15-20 times, still the same.

I can't pair the charge anymore, no matter what I try.

I'm sick of it, because it's not the first issue. Every 2-3 months it's the same, but until now I always managed to get the charge working.

Is there a factory reset?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried restarting it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I restarted several times, in every combination I could think of (restart the charge, then the phone; first phone, then charge; with bluetooth on first, off; charge fully charged...).
Nothing worked.
I would like to know if there is a factory reset for the charge 2, because this is the one thing I haven't tried yet (and couldn't find anything about it).
Best Answer
0 Votes

@rh_ @Carol9169 @Decrkrda It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! 

@Sizzlez79 @Carol9169 happy to hear that your Charge 2 are syncing and thank you for sharing what you did to fix this as it may help other members in the same situation.

@rh_ @Decrkrda please try the suggestions in my previous post plus the ones shared by @Sizzlez79. You can also check the suggestions in the help article.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much --this worked perfectly! 

Best Answer
0 Votes