Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 won't sync, it counts steps, but date is incorrect, I go to fitbit.com to my account and it shows no device paired, I have tried for over a year to get it to sink.  It did at  one time work, but I am not sure why it stopped working.  I talked to the fitbit people and  no one was able to help! Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

This question is probably elementary to a Developer, but I have no idea where to get help.  I have a charge 2 which will NOT pair, it worked about a year ago, I had it paired to my phone and then I got a new phone and it just won't pair any longer, it counts steps, but the date and time are incorrect.  I have tried everything from youtube, I am a novice,  so I thought maybe turn to the experts.  Even the fitbit pros  have not been able to help me, I have stayed on a chat with them hours at a time on several occasions, their solution was to  provide me with a 30% discount to purchase anew fitbit, but I like my fitbit I have and I don't want to spend money and end up with the same problem.  Any suggestions will hopefully help!  Thank you in advance

Best Answer

Hi @tdwhvacnow  your post that was in the developer's forum was moved here. That forum is for independent developers to get help with their work and not for questions about our Fitbits. These devices need to sync regularly in order to keep the time and date correct. You didn't say which phone you got, but the minimum on Android is system 8. If customer support offered you a discount, it's probably because they have no other options for you to explore.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

So sorry, thank you soooo much for the information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the exact same problem start yesterday. I tried everything I could think of to resolve the problem, to no avail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge has this problem continually since new.  Constantly having to reset this unit.  Will not be going with Fitbit upgrades until I'm sure I'm not throwing away money on the same recurrent issue. Like Fitbit software and when it's working, the watch.  

Best Answer

I had the same problem and a Fitbit support person organised to send me a no-charge "dongle" that fixed my problem.

Best Answer