Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 - Custom Interval Timer won't save

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I have a problem with resetting the interval timer.  I was able to change the intervals once, but every time I try to change it again, it resets to the time I first set.  I've tried on the app, on my online account, and nothing.  I've removed that shortcut and put it back on, I've reset the fitbit, and still nothing.  Anybody have any other ideas?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @brh1986, it's nice to see a new member around! Thanks for trying the steps mentioned in order set your custom intervals. Nice way to go!

Since you were able to change the intervals once, you have to delete the current interval workout and add a new one with the time you want.  

Go to exercise shortcuts and at the top right corner you should see edit, tap that and you'll see the red minus button appear next to each activity, click on that and it'll remove it. Go back and sync your device, then to set custom intervals:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
  3. Tap Interval Workout
  4. Set your intervals.
  5. Sync your device to save the changes.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem.

I’ve already done what you’ve suggested, and no luck. It keeps going back to my “old” interval workout times.

Also, why can’t we have more intervals than just “move,” and “rest.” I and many other Fitbit-ers would like a 5-minute warmup and cool-down.

Best Answer

I have found how to change my old intervals. I delete “interval workout,” sync, add a new one, change the times, save, sync.

It’s when I changed the order of the workout shortcuts that I kept losing the interval I wanted, so I left it last on the list and all is well.

It’s a pain to have to swipe through workouts I don’t want to get to the one I use all the time though so I hope Fitbit fixes this.

Best Answer

The fix Marnie Jean describes is the only thing that worked for me:

1) Delete interval workout from your workout list (this can be done from the app or the web interface)

2) Sync your Fitbit (check afterward to make sure interval workout no longer appears in your exercise shortcuts)

3) Add interval workout back to your workout list. IMPORTANT: do not change the position of the interval short cut, leave it at the bottom of the list.

4) Press/Click newly added interval workout to set interval times.

5) Sync your Fitbit (check to make sure interval timer is back on your Fitbit exercise list).

NOTE: you must do these steps in the order listed.

I also agree wtih Marnie Jean that it's a bit of a pain to have to swipe through all the workouts to get to the interval workout, particularly since intervals are currently what I'm working on most.

Here's a workaround...

1) Set the interval workout following the steps above (interval workout will appear at the bottom of the list)

2) Delete all other workout shortcuts until interval workout is the only one left.

3) Add back the workout shortcuts you just deleted (they will now appear below the interval workout)

4) Sync your Fitbit.

This workaround is a bit of a pain, but if you are not looking to change you interval times all that often it works to get interval workout first on your list.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is ASTOUNDING to me that this continues to be an issue that has not been solved or resolved.

I am also having this issue and the fix described above is not even allowing me to edit and sync my rest interval (can edit, but every time I sync, it goes back to 10 seconds).

Compounding my frustration with this glitch is the fact that this community forum is littered with threads from people having the same issue and 1) nothing has been done to resolve it, and 2) the community moderators don't seem to understand or acknowledge that these bugs exist (and simply parrot the standard steps that everyone has already explained aren't working for them).

I can't even begin to express how frustrating this is, and how this takes away from an otherwise reasonable product.

Best Answer
0 Votes