Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen is black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen on my Charge 3 is black (no longer shows lights up at all) and now the app doesn't show the level of battery charge.  The charge only holds for 1-2 days max so now I am left charging my device so frequently that steps, etc aren't being recorded regularly and do not accurately represent my activity level.  I have tried a restart, but that did not fix the problem.

Any solutions for a fix so that I can see the battery charge level on the app?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community, @_Heather_.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

In addition to the regular restart, you can perform a long restart:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again

If the instructions shared above don't work, please try to change your Tracker's clock face:

• From the Today tab in the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture
  • Tap Charge 3 tile
  • Tap Clock Faces

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of the above now when I charge device it gets red hot to touch, have asked to speak to complaints department on live chat but was advice there is no such department 

Best Answer

If the device is getting too hot to touch then get in contact with support, even if it's out of warranty they may replace it as it's a potential health risk for you to carry on using it. I imagine the battery has got to it's end of life and is swelling in the device itself.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Powellde.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

According to our records, our team will send you a replacement Fitbit device once your Fitbit Charge 3 is shipped to our warehouse. I'm pretty sure that Customer Support will do their best to provide a high level of support.

Thank you for your support, @temporaldoom.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of these steps, but the problems persist.  Thank you for your answer.

I appreciate your optimistic response.  The response when chatting with Customer Response for the previous two problems (still unresolved), was that I should replace the device and I was offered a %age discount which is less than buying a device on sale from a store.  The discount could only be used on a device purchased directly from Fitbit, could not be used on a sale item, and could not be used on a Charge 5 which would be the logical upgrade.  I have never been offered a replacement Fitbit device.  

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update, @_Heather_

Some other users experiencing difficulties with their Fitbit Charge 3 devices came to this thread and I just replied to their posts. I tagged them in my response above to avoid any confusion.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They are saying send it back and wait 2 weeks for a replacement
Best Answer
0 Votes