Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 - Dim Screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received my Charge 3 during Christmas to replace my old Charge as the sensor was cracked in the back. 

Things were going fine until a month ago I’ve noticed the screen is quite dim. I’ve looked at the forums and did all the suggestions like rebooting it (scrolling to  settings, etc) and then plugging it in and doing a hard reboot, several times both ways. 

Of course I’ve also tried switching the settings from Normal to Auto and never Dim because it’s almost impossible to see.

is it because of a software update? If so, can it be changed back? I love my Fitbit but this model is making me very unhappy. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @Pherenhite! Thanks for taking the time to look at the Community Forums and troubleshoot the issue about the dim screen on your Charge 3. Nice way to go!

I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Please let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Welcome on board @Pherenhite! Thanks for taking the time to look at the Community Forums and troubleshoot the issue about the dim screen on your Charge 3. Nice way to go!

I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Please let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist in the meantime. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

After rebooting a couple ways, I was sent a new FitBit (no straps or charger, just the FitBit itself) and yes, I could see a big difference in the two.  One was noticeably dimmer than the other.  I looked at my new one in the sunlight and I could absolutely see the message/time.

The process was very easy and I'm super happy that FitBit replaced it quickly as it was still under warranty.

Thank you Marre for the help

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome @Pherenhite! I'm very glad to hear our Support Team was able to help. 😉 I hope you keep enjoying your new device! 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue, even after rebooting it multiple times. HELP!

Best Answer

Contact them and they may be able to replace it depending on how long you've had it. 

Best Answer

Hi there @Knitter75, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for following the tips and recommendations provided here. 

I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon! 

Hello @Pherenhite. Thank you so much for your advice. 😉

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really?  I wonder if I need a new pebble too? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I have been having the issue of my screen being too dim on my Charge 3 for several months now. My daughter has the same watch and our screens are noticeably different in the brightness.
I have tried to restart it but it doesn’t make a difference.

Best Answer

I have the same Issue, I love my fitbit Charge 3, but it is very hard to see, if I am inside I can see it but outside there is no way.  I bought the same one for my wife, we can see her's outside without any issues.  Mine, there is no way 

Best Answer

About a month ago my Charge 3 screen began staying so dim I can not see it at all when outside. I can barley see it inside either. The smaller numbers on the screen are basically complelty invisible even inside. A couple of times it has brightened to full brightness quickly for a second after moving my other hand away from over it. Almost like it sensed the light was brighter in the room so it brightened. But then quickly went back to dim as if it was in a dark room again. Therefore, I know it has the ability to still be bright enough to see. I believe this issue started right after I updated my fitbit. I had no problems with it prior. 

I have tried setting it to auto brightness, normal and dim. Nothing changes it. 

Best Answer

I have the same dim screen issue. I hope fitbit fixes this.  Hopefully can be fixed via software update.

...after months of not being able to see the screen the Charge 3 now lives in a drawer. Upgraded to a Versa 3, nice to be able to see the time and activities again.   Sad the Charge 3 had such a short life.

Update on my fitbit adventures: I had the Versa 3 for less than a year and one day it randomly starts going into a bootloop. Call tech support and try hard reset on the versa and reinstalling the app, nothing works and they sent me a new Versa 3 under warranty. Wait 5 days and it arrives, charge it up and while trying to set it with the app it went straight into a bootloop.  Call tech support and they walk me through reset and app reinstall again. Then they sent me another Versa 3 under warranty.  Arrived in 2 days and has been functional.  Just waiting for my third Versa 3 to fail but so far it has been okay.  I have a dim charge 3 and two bootlooping Versa 3 trackers in the dead watch drawer. I'm not trusting the fitbit quality.  Tech support was great though 🙂

Best Answer

mine has now gone completely black. It still works and I can track using my app but that’s all. Many users have had this problem and it’s frustrating… it goes from dim to nothing. There’s no recourse unless it falls under the warranty. Does anyone know if there is a fix in the works since we are all having the same issue?

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

I can’t get my Fitbit charge 3 brightness on

Best Answer