Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Firmware Update Impossible

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I've tried updating the firmware at least 7 times. The closest it got was about a third of the way which took 4 hours

I have since 

• Reset the tracker
  • Disconnected and reconnected the tracker
  • Unpaired from bluetooth and deleted from the app and reconnected
  • Unpaired from bluetooth, deleted from the app, deleted the tracker data, removed the app, re-downloaded the app and reconnected the tracker

Nothing works. 

• Yes i kept the tracker next to, if not literally around my phone the entire time
  • Both phone and tracker were plugged in at least half of those occasions
  • There was no interference between me and the wifi access point, additionally it was within approx 5-10 feet of the tracker and mobile phone.
  • My internet connection is stable

Whenever my screen auto turned off (longest duration to leave it on is 30 minutes) whenever i turned the screen back on either the progress bar had reset to zero or it told me it had lost the tracker and needed to resync and would start the download again.

It gets absolutely nowhere in the 30 minute duration it says it might take. And four hours is ridiculous to not be able to touch my phone except keep the screen on 😐

Have an Oppo R15

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I am having the very same frustrations in trying to update my Charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve also done all this and tried to connect to other phones and tablets but only gets to putting code in but will not pair. Is there something wrong with the app 🤷🏼‍:male_sign:. Mine is still in warranty so will be going back. Might even get rid all together and go for another different device.😡😡😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did Support never respond to this? Was there ever any somution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Essentially not. I spoke to support who told me to uninstall and reinstall and restart and reconnect etc etc and try again and get back in touch if it didn't work.

It didn't work.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Dogfoot and thank you for replying @Acain90. I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to update your Charge 3.

@Dogfoot, are you experiencing issues with updating your Charge 3?

@Acain90, did you get back in touch with our team?

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer