Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Lock Device Question

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Lock Device option is not appearing where it is supposed to appear on the app. What should I do?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@LDUB22 Thank you for your reply. 

If you're not referring to the option mentioned in the link on my post above, I'd appreciate if you can provide more details since I believe there isn't any other available option called "Lock Device" for the Charge 3. For more information, I recommend visiting the Charge 3 manual. If it's possible, you can include a screenshot of the Fitbit App from where the option should appear. 

In the meantime, there is an option called "Water Lock" but this option is not available for Charge 3. Water Lock function is available for Inspire 2, Luxe, Sense and Versa 3. For more information, check: How do I track my swims with my Fitbit device?

On a side note, you can also contact our Support Team if you would like to receive live assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone,  but Phone wait times are longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

I look forward to your response. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Anyone have an answer or is it just a glitch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LDUB22. Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you for the detailed information and for your questions. If you refer to Fitbit Pay, Some editions of Charge 3 include a built-in NFC chip, which lets you use your credit and debit cards on your tracker. To check if your Charge 3 supports Fitbit Pay, remove the bottom band and look for "Fitbit Pay" printed on the end of the tracker. 

If you set up Fitbit Pay, the device lock is turned on and you’re prompted to set a personal 4-digit PIN code when you add a payment card for the first time.

To turn on the device lock without setting up Fitbit Pay:

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image. 

2. Tap Device Lock.
  3. Find the option to set a 4-digit PIN code.

If you can't find the option as indicated there, please let me know. For more information, please check: How do I use the device lock on my Fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for helping. I do not have a need for Fitbit pay, but I would like to have the lock feature on my watch. The option called Device Lock is still not where it is supposed to be. Do you think it is a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LDUB22 Thank you for your reply. 

If you're not referring to the option mentioned in the link on my post above, I'd appreciate if you can provide more details since I believe there isn't any other available option called "Lock Device" for the Charge 3. For more information, I recommend visiting the Charge 3 manual. If it's possible, you can include a screenshot of the Fitbit App from where the option should appear. 

In the meantime, there is an option called "Water Lock" but this option is not available for Charge 3. Water Lock function is available for Inspire 2, Luxe, Sense and Versa 3. For more information, check: How do I track my swims with my Fitbit device?

On a side note, you can also contact our Support Team if you would like to receive live assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone,  but Phone wait times are longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok thank you so much for your help!

Best Answer

@LDUB22 It's been a pleasure! 

Have a wonderful day! 

Best Answer

You too!

Best Answer

@LDUB22 Thank you very much! 

Best Answer