Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 added 70000 steps while charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I topped off the battery on my Charge 3 this morning. I put it back on my wrist, and a few minutes later I get a notification saying I've unlocked a badge for taking 70,000 steps in a single day. The app says in that 15 minute span I took 71,188 steps.

As per https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1306.htm#manual_log I can log "Driving" to override those steps, but why is this happening?

Why does it record steps while charging? And it can't be vibrations tricking it into tracking steps, because that would be 80 steps per second.

I don't really expect a solution, but maybe someone in the future with the same problem will Google this and feel satisfied that they weren't the only one.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @ElliotW.

I understand how you are feeling about this situation. Thanks for the details shared and for providing a link in order to delete the extra steps. I understand your concern and recommend confirming if you have a Mobiletrack paired to your Fitbit account. MobileTrack lets you use the Fitbit app without a Fitbit device by using your phone's sensors to track basic activity data including steps, distance, and calories burned. For more information, see How do I use Fitbit MobileTrack? Please remove it from your Fitbit account if you're not using it: How do I remove a Fitbit device from my account?

Keep me posted on the outcome.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes