Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 band cracking - no support from Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit support has now disappointed me. 2 days ago I noticed that the band on my Charge 3 is cracking; my device is just 7 days out of warranty. Yesterday, after checking the website, there was no way to start a claim because according to the warranty page, I have no device under warranty. Today I tried phoning customer service; the fellow put me on hold while supposedly checking whether I could receive warranty service seeing that it is only a few days. When he returned, he said I would receive an email with further directions. Guess what??? The email directed me to the same page that I had found before that essentially indicated that I have no device under warranty. As well, various links on the page put me in an exasperating loop of the same information. How useless!!!

From what I am reading faulty bands are a problem. I take care of my product; although I know it is waterproof, I don't swim or shower with it and every couple of days, I rinse the band and dry it.

What a way to treat customers.....

As well, I noticed that a new band from Fitbit seems to be outrageously priced compared to the cost of the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @SunsetRunner  many people decide to go with a third party band, which you can find at many retailers such as Best Buy and Target. Many buy from Amazon as they have many color options. You might want to try looking online for a band, but the warranty period is one year. The bands do get a bit of normal wear and tear when removing them and putting them back on over the course of a year.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer