Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps tracking but then disappearing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had my new Charge 3 for a couple of weeks and it has started doing something very strange. For example yesterday it recording 9500 steps during the day and then in the evening it all of a sudden went back to only 500 steps. Today I did my normal morning walk and it recorded 4000 steps and then after 30 minutes went back to 326 steps. I restarted it and it showed the 4000 steps, it synced with the app and showed 4000 steps and as i looked at the app it went back to 326 steps.

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

I had the same thing happen to me. I clocked 12k steps yesterday but when I checked the App dashboard today, it was showing only 7k plus. 

Best Answer

This happened to me yesterday (June 8, 2020), as well. I had 11,000+ steps, synced with my phone, and suddenly the count was to 6800. Rebooted and the count corrected on my Fitbit but not on the app. This morning it shows the inaccurate count on my data🙁

Best Answer
My whole entire week step count has been reduced! I wonder what the hell is
wrong with Fitbit!
Best Answer

This happened to me yesterday also.  I had 15,000 steps and then it went down to 8,000.  I tried restarting my fitbit, uninstalling and reinstalling the app and nothing would work.

Best Answer

Same issue posted yesterday.  I have done all the stuff they say to do - reset, restart, turn off bluetooth, delete app, reinstall, etc...  Nothing has worked.  Called in last night.  They said they know it is an issue and have elevated it to the next level of support.  No word since then.

Best Answer

Me too.  To make it worse company is having a big step contest right now.  Team was in third - not anymore.

Best Answer

Mines been doing the same done just over 34 thousand steps since 2am this morning but now my charge 3 is saying I've only done 10.200 steps I've been on the go none stop for nearly 13 hrs why is it doing it only had it 4 weeks as well ??? 

Best Answer
I just got off the phone with someone from their help center. They say it
is an issue with their platform and it should be resolved by the end of the
day.
Best Answer

Will we get the steps that we lost?  Did they say anything?

Best Answer
I'm not sure...the man I spoke with could see my actual steps on his end
even though it was not the number showing up on mine.
Best Answer

Any update - has anyone tried it?

Best Answer

I’ve been having the same issue all week. The last two days it goes back when I try to sync to the exact same number: 7,492. I tried restarting and rebooting and that briefly fixes it on the watch but as soon as you open the app, it goes right back to that number. Come on Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Same issue! The problem started yesterday. My mom's charge 3, her steps decrease whenever she sync, from 10000+ steps to 700+. Not only to her Charge 3, my Versa experienced the same issue too.  Reboot-ed, factory reset-ed, unpaired and pairing it again but all not working. Please help...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same things happened yesterday and today, not only steps but also Active Minutes and distances affected too.  This is terrible and frustrating.

Everyone should call Fitbit (877)623-4997 and raise your voice with frustration. You will get the case number from them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here! I’m so frustrated! I had over 15k steps and I when I went to update or sync it in the app it calculate 12k and flashed the 15k. It even changed it on my Fitbit. This is the 3rd issue I had with this product in the last 3 months. Very disappointing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue. I had 8,000+ steps today and now it’s saying 2,600. Tried deleting my charge 3 and reinstalling, deleted the Fitbit app and reinstalled, rebooted, turned Fitbit and phone off. Nothing has worked 👎🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes
Apparently a lot of people are experiencing this. I walked over 15+k steps today and when I synced it went done to 12k. It completely deleted 3+k steps. I’m so frustrated! Are those steps gone for good or can they retrieve them? I’m in a walking challenge at work and every step counts.

When I called to report this issue the rep was not that helpful. He just said it’s being worked on.

Michele Nilsen
Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s not resolved! 🤬

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone should call Fitbit (877)623-4997 and raise your voice with frustration. You will get the case number from them.

Best Answer