Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 battery draining fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I have had my Charge 3 since January 2019.  Everything was fine until Friday, July 5th.  I did not change anything via app, online or on the watch.  Now my battery will no longer hold a charge for more than 1 or 2 hours.

I have turned off notifications and screen wake. Have also turned off sync all day, as well as turned off anything that could drain the battery.  I cleaned my watch and verified the pins.

Battery will charge to 100%.  Then it will immediately start draining. 

For example, today at 3:45p the battery was 100%.  At 4:08p battery is 82%. 

Before this weekend my battery would last a full week.  Were any Fitbit updates pushed?  What changed?  Why is the battery dying so quickly?   What can I do?

Thanks.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello there @TexasJen, it's nice to see you around the forums! Thanks troubleshooting your Charge 3's battery prior to contacting us. Nice way to go! 

I'd recommend restarting your Charge 3 one more time. Then, let your device to run out of battery to charge it again. Keep an eye on it to see how the battery goes. You can also see: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life? 

If the battery keeps draining faster than expected, can you please let me know which clock face are you using? Also, try using a different one and monitor the battery life afterwards to see if the issue persists.

We recommend to charge your trackers via the USB port over a wall adapter. However, it is also possible to charge your Fitbit tracker with a UL certified wall adapter. What may actually cause damage to the tracker's battery (either on a computer or a wall adapter) is the charging time, which if excessive over time may damage the battery and therefore cause quick battery drain or prevent the tracker from charging at all. 

Tips to best charge Fitbit trackers are:

• Use only genuine Fitbit charging cables
  • Use only UL-certified wall chargers
  • Avoid USB battery packs
  • Charge at room temperature

For charging purposes, your charging cable can be plugged into any USB power source, including but not limited to:

• A computer
  • A Wall A/C to USB adapter, commonly found with smartphones
  • A DC to USB adapter (vehicle power port)

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just started doing the same thing today! I just did the update on Sunday and now it's doing this battery drain.

This morning, my fitbit started vibrating in a weird pattern. The face was completely blank and I couldn't get it to turn on. I plugged it in and it charged to 96%. I figured it was a glitch so I put the fitbit back on. An hour later it started doing the same thing again. I plugged it in and it was completely dead. 

I went into my fitbit.com account to see if I had any new notifications from the update but I can't find anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pulled my fitbit off the charger at 4:35pm with 100% charge. At 5:40pm it is completely dead 0%.

I hope fitbit fixes this! I just bought this thing 5/26/19! This all happened after the recent update that I did 2 days ago.

I just plugged it back into the charger and did a 'restart' as directed in the help files.

Charging now, 5:56pm

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started using my Charge 3 around 2/19 and never had an issue with the battery until the recent update where I had experienced what you described with a black screen. I fully charged it and rebooted and ever since then my battery is only lasting a couple of hours. Looking at others on the board sounds like they are having the same battery issues. Would be nice if fitbit could send an update with a fix. I have read the other posts and have tried all there suggestions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 is doing the same thing. Bought it January 2018, it used to hold a charge for a week. For the last 10 days it has slid into decline. First it was tracking really odd calorie counts - off the chart numbers for a slow day around the house. Then it went erratic and was flashing screens. Last couple of days, it couldn't hold a charge for a full 12 hour day. It was completely drained during the night last night, so I plugged it in this morning. On the charger all day and now there is a straight line across it! Not sure how to reboot it. I hope the watch isn't dead dead:(

Best Answer
0 Votes

While it's still on the charger press and hold button on the left side until you see the smiley face, It should reboot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issues started yesterday, the battery drains extremely fast and I have done everything possible to fix my FB. It has completely wigged out.  It vibrates and the time is out of whack.  Right now this device is a hot mess and not useable.  BTW...I am using the Iphone app.  What can be done ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Short of purchasing a new one or a different brand I'm in the same boat. My
FB was wigging out until I rebooted it like 6 times after a 2 hour charge.
Currently I charge it for a couple of hours in the morning and reboot it
2-3 times and charge a couple of hours before bed with 2-3 reboots.
Definitely not ideal by any means but getting me by for the moment.
Although I love my FB before i started having these issues, Probably will
be moving to a different brand.
Best Answer
0 Votes