Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display getting dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Right - I've had many problems with my Charge3 display.  They replaced the Charge 3 once under warrantee when several lines in the display stopped working which I appreciated.  Unfortunately the replacement Charge 3 display is so dim that I can barely read it in a dark room.  I contacted support and they weren't willing to help beyond suggesting I reboot it.  There have also been MANY times where my display stopped working on the Charge 3 - I found changing the clock face display to a different face and then back seemed to get the display working again.  Of course it didn't help with the dim display.  At lease it still seems to track activity and can be read in a dark room.  

Honestly - I've been disappointed with the Fitbit Charge 3 and Aria HR; the only two Fitbit devices I have experience and probably the last.  Compared to a (basic) watch they are much more expensive although more complex but have a significantly shorter lifespan.  Compared to a smart phone are much less complex and somewhat less expensive - however if my smartphone display stopped working correctly twice in the first year I would never buy that brand of device again. 

Beyond that the bands seem to have designed obsolescence in either in the fastener used on the Aria (with zero friction or safety) for a "gone in 1/10 of a second" caused two devices to be lost (one permanently) or the durability of the Charge 3 band.  I've had watches for years before worn everyday and not needed to replace the bands - with my Charge 3 I had two bands fail with in the first two years.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

It's great to see you around, @Mark___.

I understand how are you feeling and appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue. I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes