Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 flickering between screens

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 is freaking out . Flipping between two screens. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Djnd, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. 

First of all, please try the restart recommended by @SunsetRunner. In case the restart doesn't work, try the long restart by performing the steps below:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Let us know the outcome, we'll be around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Try a Restart and do it several times if necessary.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Djnd, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. 

First of all, please try the restart recommended by @SunsetRunner. In case the restart doesn't work, try the long restart by performing the steps below:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Let us know the outcome, we'll be around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Issue of flickering screens started this evening. It charges and syncs. I tried the reset methods and changed the clock face. It still won't stop flickering. Can't use the long reset. It flickers while holding in the button and attached to the charger. Anything else to do?

Best Answer

I'm having the same issues and nothing seems to fix it.  Fitbit told me to buy a new watch so I just did. I'm so frustrated because my watch is not even 2 years old yet

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Welcome to the Community @Jeroland9

I'm sorry for any inconvenience and please note that any feedback posted in the forums is always welcome as it helps to improve our products, services and overall environment. I was able to confirm that you have reached out to our Customer Support Team and they have provided information and assistance, if you still have additional questions or any inquiries about the outcome of your case, you can contact them one more time or reply back to your case.

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been trying for 2 days to get my watch off of a black screen and it
just keeps making a bunch of noise and flickering through screens. I can't
even go to settings and reboot. I have no idea what to do. I've tried
plugging in and holding down for eight even 15 seconds and nothing works.
Best Answer

What is the "001" on my charge 3 Fitbit??? It won't go away.   I'm still frustrated that there is no fix for the black screen and now this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Mine started doing this a short time ago. 😫

Best Answer
0 Votes