Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 gathering data won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I hope someone out there can help. I have wasted so.mich time on this. My charge 3 has been fine for 2 years but all.of a sudden it won't sync to my Samsung phone, it has been saying gathering your data. It also won't pair. I have done the reset on the charge3 and I have uninstalled the Fitbit app so many times. Turned off and on the bluetooth and restarted my phone. Right now my charge 3 is just a watch. 😫😫😫😫

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Guess you are doing better then me, my charge 3 failed totally, not keeping time, would not sync, they replaced just the battery, got the new one and the band not even a year old broke, luckily I had a replacement. All that occurred in June. Now it is December, replacement 6 months old, time started to fail, now it is more then 24 hours off, refuses to sync at all. Did all the things you are supposed to do and now it won’t even pair with either my phone or my iPad. Have tried previously to update my charge 3 dozens of times, will not update, and now of course since it will not pair that is a total loss.  I am not into buying a charge 4 that will no doubt not last a year. I started with Fitbit the beginning of 2014, after 4 flex failed I switched to Aria, two fail, and now 2 charge 3, that is 8 failed fit it’s in 6 years. When they work it is great, but they can’t even last the year they are warranted for.  I have not contacted fitbit yet, I am sure the answer is I need to buy a new one. I just want a tracker, the other functions were all shut off on my app, but they keep getting bigger and bigger with more options and less working life.

Best Answer

Same with me  two charge 3 stopped sync. I have had charge 4 now 4 months.  This is my last try. I have had more than10 different models all broken.  Have had Apple watches and they all work well.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply. After working on it all day I finally got it up and running. I realised that because I had done all.the resets on my charge 3 and reinstalled the app more times than I can remember there was one last step I needed to do to get my notifications back. If you go into the app and click on the little icon that looks like your watch and then the sync circular arrows mine came up with a message saying I have to allow fitbit t

Best Answer

Sorry.... I forget the exact msg but once I clicked on the sync now icon it prompted me to allow Fitbit to send notifications. After that it works like a dream.   Thank you. 

Best Answer

I will try. I still have the old charge 3 left. Happy new year !

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on my 3rd charge 3 since Christmas and they haven’t all been faulty after a few weeks or month.  Mine just keeps saying gathering data and it will not sync unless I go to the next screen where it says to sync it now.  A real waste of money.  Notifications , phone calls don’t work   I am very disappointed as this last one they replaced I was not a brand new one but refurbished.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Step 1: check if Bluetooth is on. ...
Step 2: check if your Fitbit is connected to the internet.
Step 3: check the connection with other devices.
Step 4: check if your Fitbit is connected to other devices. 
Step 5: update your phone.
Step 6: update your Fitbit and charge it. 
Step 7: update the Fitbit ap.
Step 8: reset your Fitbit.

Regards,

Will

Best Answer
0 Votes