Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 has a Dim screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having difficulty seeing the display on my screen.  I have had this problem before and was able to see enough to locate the settings display and change it. This time it is not clear enough to see anything.   Is there a way if adjusting the brightness ?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Shaz86. Welcome to the community forums!

Thank you for the detailed information and for the steps you've followed. If you haven't checked before, I recommend making sure that your Charge 3 hasn't gone into Sleep mode, since this can also causes the screen to become dim.

To change this, you can press and hold the button and swipe left to access the quick settings screen. Tap a setting to turn it on or off. When you turn off the setting, the icon appears dim with a line through it. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

If you can't still change the Brightness or access to the settings on your Charge 3, please try to perform a restart and follow the rest of steps suggested in this thread

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Shaz86. Welcome to the community forums!

Thank you for the detailed information and for the steps you've followed. If you haven't checked before, I recommend making sure that your Charge 3 hasn't gone into Sleep mode, since this can also causes the screen to become dim.

To change this, you can press and hold the button and swipe left to access the quick settings screen. Tap a setting to turn it on or off. When you turn off the setting, the icon appears dim with a line through it. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

If you can't still change the Brightness or access to the settings on your Charge 3, please try to perform a restart and follow the rest of steps suggested in this thread

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

Thank you,

This solved the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shaz86 Thank you for your reply. 

It has been a pleasure to assist. 

Have a wonderful day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Wilson,
I moved from Charge 2 to Charge 3 (only got it about 3 weeks ago) I understand that Fitbit wants to keep the battery last longer so they dimmed the screen, there's only 2 options dim and normal is there a way to implement a brighter option, then we'll get: dim, normal, bright.
my problem is with the date, it's soooo dimmed that I cannot read it without my glasses
I never had that problem with Charge 2 the date was as bright as the rest of the other options, is it the same with Charge 4 (dimmed date)?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I still find my screen very dim, especially when outside. This seems to be
an issue with fitbit across the board.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nic447. Welcome to the community forums. @Shaz86 Thank you for your reply. 

@Nic447 I appreciate your comments and feedback. At this time, I'd like to let you know that there isn't an available option to implement a brighter option on the Charge 3. Nevertheless, your suggestion is very important and any feedback posted in the forums is always welcome as it helps to improve our products, services and overall environment. 

In regards with your question about the Charge 4, this tracker counts with a normal and dim option. While there have been some dim screen reports, some users have resolved this after making sure that their trackers aren't into sleep mode. Nevertheless, if you would like to have more information and additional insights about the Charge 4, you can visit the Charge 4 board and the Charge 4 manual.  

@Nic447@Shaz86 In this case since the inconvenience has persisted, my best recommendation is that you please contact our Support Team for further assistance, this way they can review your situations and review your available options. 

Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes