Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 has a black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen black. Still syncing to phone. Reset several times get smiley face then blank screen. Very frustrating I think this is my 3rd Fitbit that has failed me may be making a different choice for a tracker

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @Karen1764. Nice to see you around. 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you very much for the information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting. It seems that you have followed the recommended tips in this thread and since the issue has persisted, my best recommendation is that you please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. 

Note that you can contact them through the link provided in the thread or you can click here to get connected. Also, take into consideration that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times are longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat.  

In addition, please make sure to provide a brief explanation of the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

Same with me. Tried all the fixes. Nothing works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here with 3 Charge 3 trackers except mine all 3 have gone really blank (or actually black).

They slowly faded away.

This seems to be a regular problem with these devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lilrednat. Welcome to the community forums. @pjgroeneveld Nice to see you around. 

@Lilrednat I appreciate your help in trying to resolve this matter. Since the issue has persisted, my best recommendation is that you please contact our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal. Click here to get connected. 

@pjgroeneveld Thank you for your feedback. I was able to see that you reached out to our Support Team for further assistance and I noticed that they are currently working on your case. In this case, I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox since they should get back to you shortly. 

Best Answer

Same here and won’t take a charge. Just started acting up for the last week. Now black screen. No help from support. Offering discount on a new one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dragonlady52. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I was able to confirm that you reached out to our Support Team and they have provided information and assistance. If you still have additional questions or inquiries about the outcome of your case, I recommend replying back to them and they will be more than glad to continue assisting you.

See you around.  

Best Answer

Mine has the same problem and it's definitely out of warranty. Am I just out of luck?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reply to myself: if this problem isn't fixable for you, yes you're out of luck. Fitbit's response is to give you 35% off another purchase. I have no intention of spending over $100 on another Fitbit since this one barely lasted two years. 

Best Answer
Yes. Once out of warranty, they will offer you a 35% discount towards another one. Not all models though.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community, @d6410 @dragonlady52.

@d6410, Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support.

Thanks for your comment, @dragonlady52.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charger 3 screen went black also.  Tried all fixes nothing worked. After about a week and keeping it charged it started working again. The screen had dimmed but now it’s nice and bright again. My problem is my 2 wristbands are broken. The rubber broke on one and the pin won’t hold the band on other.  Do I buy a new one?  Right now I’m taping it to my wrist to see if it’s going to continue to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Peep123.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 started showing grey lines on screen and then all of a sudden went blank. Tried the restart many times which used to work in the past but its been a week my fitbit is showing no display. However its still recording workout etc and getting sync with the phone. Seeing so many people going through same problem it is safe to assume that fitbits arent reliable and time to make a different choice for tracker. 

Best Answer

I tried calling the Customer Support for screen blackout. They just asked me restart which didn't work. Later on they sent a mail saying that it's out of warranty so they can't replace but will help me a buy a new watch. Later on I requested them to atleast repair the watch for which I will pay. Instead the support team asked me to visit this forum for the solutions. 

It's now clear that we just have to throw and buy a new watch. My husband bought a MI watch 3 times cheaper than Fitbit, it's still working perfect. I regret buying this watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes