Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 has black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a black screen on my Charge 3. It is working and I can connect to it with the app, but I can't get anything on the clock face. I have reset it several times with the charger plugged in and still nothing.  I have changed the clock face in the app and still nothing. It is rather frustrating at this point.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @GlennB10.

I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Charge 3 screen is black. Thank you for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issue before contacting us.

In addition to the regular restart, you can also perform a long restart by following these steps:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Edson,

I have in fact tried this several times.  The device never shows anything but I do get the vibrations and the device turns off and then back on but I still do not have any evidence of life on the black screen.  I can connect by the app and see my steps and sleep but I can't look at the face of the Fitbit and see any evidence of life.  Any other tricks to try?

Glenn

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @GlennB10.

To evaluate this situation, I created a case with Customer Support. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes