Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 incorrectly tracked 10k steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit and app is saying I have done 10000 steps and 5 miles but I'm not long out of bed, how do I fix this problem I have signed out of app and back in still didn't help. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Audreyamos, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here. To better assist you with this and further investigate, can you please let me know which phone are you using with your Charge 3? When was the first time you experienced this situation and how many times since then? Is this affecting only your step and distance count or other stats like floors, heart rate, sleep are also being affected? In the meantime I receive your answers, your can delete the information that was incorrectly logged into your account following the steps that are specified on: How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities? and then, please troubleshoot the app following the next steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the OS version of your phone is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer

I have been having a similar problem for at least a few weeks now:  first thing in the morning, my step count has been cumulative.  Not sure when it started, but this morning it was over 400,000.  I have to re-sync multiple times to get the correct step count for the day.  And sometimes later in the day, the huge number shows up again.  It did just a few minutes ago.  Screenshot is from midday today.

Will try the above steps (ha) to see if the problem gets fixed, but this is ridiculous.

Cumulative step count (and for how long?) is VERY unhelpful! :(Cumulative step count (and for how long?) is VERY unhelpful! 😞

Best Answer