Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is dark and completely unresponsive

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 just reached about the 1 year mark. It suddenly went dark and began vibrating wildly in what seemed to be a random manner for 2-3 minutes. Once it finally stopped it remained dark and completely unresponsive to resets, charging, or being plugged into a computer.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Santi17 Thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your help in following the suggested tips and thanks for the additional information. Since the inconvenience has persisted, I recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance.

Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

Also, please make sure to provide a brief explanation of the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Santi17. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you very much for the information and for any steps you've tried prior to posting. If your Charge 3 is still not charging or working, I'd recommend taking into consideration the suggested troubleshooting steps from this help article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

If that doesn't help, I recommend performing a long restart by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Wilson,

Unfortunately I have tried the long restart several times and had no success. The device does not respond to this. Additionally, my Fitbit was more than 50% charged when it became unresponsive and so therefore it does not seem to me that this is a charging issue that can be troubleshooted with the suggestions above. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Santi17 Thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your help in following the suggested tips and thanks for the additional information. Since the inconvenience has persisted, I recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance.

Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

Also, please make sure to provide a brief explanation of the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes