Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is not syncing active minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not tracking sleep or active minutes.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Terese5

If your Charge 3 is not syncing with the Fitbit app, I'd recommend taking a look at the help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

The algorithms detect subtle differences in exertion that may explain why two seemingly identical activities result in different active minute totals. For example if you took a brisk walk along the same route two days in a row, differences in your speed and exertion levels (e.g. out of breath vs not out of breath, etc) will cause different active minute totals for the two activities. 

Because our trackers primarily track movement through the use of an accelerometer, they more accurately detect active minutes for step-based activities (brisk walking, running) than non-step based activities or activities that require more than steps (yoga, tennis). Trackers like the Charge 3, with a heart rate monitor detect active minutes most accurately, since heart rate data allows us to better estimate caloric burn and, in turn, exercise intensity. 

If you are working out in a max, and not getting active minutes, as you know, the intensity is necessary to get the active minutes. If you are not getting them, I suggest you to restart your Charge 3. Then use it for a few days and let me know the results. 

In regards to your sleep stages, make sure that you're getting a solid heart rate reading , since sleep stages requires consistent HR. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight. Also, double check that your watch is charged up. 

Additionally, I'd recommend checking the following that could be preventing you from receiving sleep stages:

• If you used the "Begin Sleep Now" option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.

For more information about why you see your sleep pattern, tap or click the sleep record that shows your sleep pattern. 

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi FitBit team!  I am having the same issue.  It's not that active minutes aren't being tracked - the FitBit device itself is tracking them - it's that when I sync my device to my phone, those minutes don't show up.  Same happens with my active hours.  Yesterday is a perfect example.  I had 47 active minutes by the time I went to bed, and 9 of 9 active hours.  Yet when I synced my device to my phone this morning, it shows 0 active minutes and only 1 of 9 active hours for yesterday.  The rest of my measures synced just fine.  I really hate that I'm not getting credit for all my hard work!

Best Answer

Same! My active minutes were there on my Charge and the app this afternoon, but now both have disappeared!

Best Answer
My Active minutes aren't registering at all, unless my heart rate goes well
over 140, which takes vigorous exercise for a long period of time. As my CV
fitness has improved, the Fitbit records fewer minutes. I wonder if there's
any way to adjust or compensate for that on the tracker?
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me all week. Fitbit shows I have hit my step count every hour and the active minutes are up passed 100 (as I’ve been really active today) but the app isn’t showing this. Restarting the watch does nothing - please sort this out fitbit, there always seems to be an issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me all week. Fitbit shows I have hit my step count every hour and the active minutes are up passed 100 (as I’ve been really active today) but the app isn’t showing this. Restarting the watch does nothing - please sort this out fitbit, there always seems to be an issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me to (Charge 2 device) when I sync the mobile app the active minutes show up for literally like 1-2 seconds and then disappear.  I have reset the charge 2, restarted the app, restarted my phone and nothing works

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s exactly what’s happening to mine. I’ve never had any issues until the last few months.

My hourly activity isn’t syncing and saying I was active less than I was. Annoying when your stats don’t reflect your work. 
Fitbit need to sort this issue

Best Answer
0 Votes