Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 lines on the display

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve got this random lines on my charge 3. I had this same issue a few months after I first got my charge 3. I reported the issue to Fitbit. I got a replacement, unfortunately the same thing has happened again. I’m getting pretty frustrated, is this normal with the charge 3. It’s happened twice now. I don’t go in the shower with it or in any form of water. Once the lines appear you can hardly see anything on the screen.

has anyone experienced this?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I have that problem. Its moved into additional problems as well. I'm not sure if they are related to the lines concern. On a Monday my heart rate monitor was acting up, it had my heart rate at 160 sitting still so my active minutes were up to 300+ by about 10am. Its also running my battery down very very quickly. I'm going to call the service number tomorrow.

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me- 1st replacement would not even turn on after charged. Contacted them and got a different one last Aug.  About 3 mos ago this one started getting fainter- contacted them ~ 1 month ago and was told to turn it off- that's great but I can't even see if it is off! After working thru their suggestions, I went in a dark bathroom and scrolled to brightness, put on normal and it lasted only a few hrs. The past 3 weeks mine is black and when plugged into the charger, I get vertical streaks/flashes- had video but they weren't interested. Just sent me a coupon for $ off my next purchase!  Not a happy customer. This was a terrible product compared to the Charge 2. Looking for a new brand.

Best Answer

Hello @Smile0308@RusticFig@JulieSTL1. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for your experience and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for the steps you've tried. I'd like to let you know that the screen of your Charge 3 could be affected due to normal wear and for this inconvenience, I'd recommend visiting the following thread for tips and suggestions. 

If you've tried all the suggestions from that thread, the best way to get help is to contact our Support Team. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone through the link provided in that thread or you can click here to get connected. @RusticFig You can also report to our Support Team the inconvenience related with Heart Rate and the battery performance. 

@JulieSTL1 Your comments are very important since they help to continue working on improvements to our services and products. Also, please note that replacement devices are provided for products that are within the warranty period. If your original Charge 3 is no longer under warranty a discount could be an available option. For more information about our warranty policy, I recommend visiting the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty.

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Wilsonfitbit,

what do you consider as “normal wear” I believe the Fitbit was created for normal wear, Ofis it meant to be worn only at certain time, my fist screen went stripy after just 8 months, this is a little over that. This is really not acceptable. If I’m to wear my Fitbit every day I expect it to last several years before I encounter problems.

I’ve followed all the steps, now my Fitbit will not even connect or pair up with my phone. I’m also considering switching to another brand, because I can’t keep having to deal with this issues every time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Smile0308 Thank you very much for your reply. 

I understand how you are feeling and I appreciate the feedback provided. Normal wear could be considered the natural and gradual deterioration of a thing over time, but in this case I appreciated the detailed information and I'd like to let you know that if the inconvenience persists, my best recommendation is that you please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. 

Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone. If you have any difficulty to contact them through chat, I recommend contacting them over the phone and you can click here to get connected. Make sure to explain the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you around. 

Best Answer

This is really unacceptable! My fitbit has completley stopped working and this is the best FITBIT can do?

On 26 May 2021, at 03:07, https://contact.fitbit.com wrote:

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you and appreciate you in providing photos of your Fitbit Charge 3 showing the issue that you're experiencing. With regard to your concern, we would like to inform you that replacement Fitbit trackers doesn't have its own warranty. Since the original pair date of your original Fitbit Charge 3 was last 29th of December, it is already past our warranty. The reason why we have offered you a 35% discount to use to purchase a new Fitbit tracker.

If you have additional questions about your Fitbit device or services, visit help.fitbit.com.

Moderator edit: format

--

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Smile0308 Thank you for the information. 

Regarding your question, please note that replacement devices are provided for products that are within the warranty period. If your original Charge 3 is no longer under warranty a discount could be an available option but some conditions and requirements should be met. For more information about our warranty policy, I recommend visiting the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty

Take into consideration that if you still have questions about the information that our Support Team sent to you, you can reply to your case and they will take care from there. 

See you around. 

Best Answer

Will there be another update? The lines are a distraction. I want them to go away, have rebooted plugged in and turned off then on. No luck. How long a warranty is there on a Fitbit replaced for another problem? 

Best Answer

Yes, my husband and I have Charge 3's. They were less than a year old when we couldn't see the screens properly, still can't. We then realised we couldn't see the screens properly because of the lines across them. My husband wrote to Fitbit. The response was they don't respond to emails anymore. Our wrist bands didn't last a year either.

Our Charge 2 screens cracked  literally within weeks of each other. In both cases, not as a result of an incident. They were just out of warranty.

We will not buy another one. 

Us too. Any recommendations?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts/word choice 

Best Answer

Sadly the lines never goes away. With all the rebooting and resets! Unless your device is under a year old, Fitbit won’t do anything about it. They will simply tell you to go and buy a new one because it’s out of warranty? It’s absolutely disgusting the way FITBIT is treating it’s loyal customers! 

Sorry to hear about your experience. I honestly feel the same, I don’t want to spend another penny on any FITBIT product. I’ve experienced this issue twice now.

the customer service is absolutely out of order. There’s no care for it’s customers. I’ve asked for my device to be repaired as I cannot afford a replacement, they’re practically bullying me into buying another one at a small discount! Unbelievable! I think it’s shameless the way they are behaving. Who wants to spend money on any company who cannot even take their customers seriously or show them care.

FITBIT is clearly forgetting without customers like us they won’t have a business?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Caribbean5@TheresaMC. Welcome to the community forums. @Smile0308 Thanks for your reply. 

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. @Caribbean5 Regarding your question, I don't have information available if a new Firmware update for the Charge 3 will be released in the future. But if one is released, you will be able to see information on the Other Charge Trackers board and here. For your second question, replacement devices don't renew the warranty period of the original device. 

Lastly, I appreciate your help in following the suggested troubleshooting steps. @Caribbean5@TheresaMC If you haven't contacted our Support Team, I suggest reaching out to them via chat or over the phone and they will be glad to provide a prompt resolution and more information about your options. Click here to get connected. 

@Smile0308 Your continued feedback is really appreciated. Your comments haven't gone unnoticed and take into consideration that these help to work on improvements. I also noticed that our Support Team has contacted you back and they have provided a resolution for your case. 

If you still have additional questions about the outcome, I highly recommend replying back to your case and they will be glad to continue assisting you. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes