Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not displaying steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 and iPhone are in sync but the actual step count only shows on the Fitbit app but it is not displayed on the Fitbit device.   How can I correct this? 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity/format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@NanaP62 Thank you very much for your reply and for the picture. 

I also appreciate the additional details and thanks for following our suggested tips. I'd suggest trying to change the clock face on your Charge 3 for one that displays your steps. For more information about clock faces, I recommend visiting the following thread

For instructions about how to change the clock face, please follow the steps here: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

On the other hand, take into consideration that you can review your steps taken by swiping up from the clock face on your tracker. If you have any questions about how to navigate your device, please click here

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @NanaP62. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the detailed information. If you have tried to restart your Charge 3 and the inconvenience persists, please try to perform a long restart. A long restart is different than the basic one and you can complete the process by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, thank you for the information, however after conducting the  long restart as instructed above, the display on the fit bit is still the same.  It shows the little footprints with the circle and the time, but it does not show the actual number of steps.  The steps are reflected in the app on my phone.  Do I need to do something differently to set up the display on my watch?  Below is a picture of my display.  sorry it came through a bit blurry.

NanaP62_0-1624639942571.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NanaP62 Thank you very much for your reply and for the picture. 

I also appreciate the additional details and thanks for following our suggested tips. I'd suggest trying to change the clock face on your Charge 3 for one that displays your steps. For more information about clock faces, I recommend visiting the following thread

For instructions about how to change the clock face, please follow the steps here: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

On the other hand, take into consideration that you can review your steps taken by swiping up from the clock face on your tracker. If you have any questions about how to navigate your device, please click here

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

Perfect, that is exactly what I needed.  As a side note, I did try the swiping up from the clock face on my tracker and it wouldn't populate there either.  But I'm all set now.  thank you!!!

Best Answer

@NanaP62 Thank you very much for your reply. 

It's been a pleasure and thanks for letting me know that you're all set now. 

Have a great day!

Best Answer