Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not getting notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, my Charge 3 was getting notifications (but missing steps). Step issue is now resolved (with removing Charge 2 and restarting 3 times), but I’m no longer getting notifications from my iPhone to my Charge 3. Checked the settings and everything seems to be set to on. Just not getting the haptic buzz/when I swipe, it says there’s nothing to report (but I have gotten iMessages).

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Your lucky , some of us are getting nothing unless it's on re-charge . 

Please read the other messages on the other forum , seems there are lots of faults with it . 

Best Answer

Is it synching?  I have since then decided I have a bluetooth problem, but I first noticed it when i wasn't getting notifications. 

Elaine OK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had similar issue. Try this:

toggle all notifcations app app on the app

turn off Bluetooth 

close fitbit app

then reverse...Bluetooth on, app open and then notifications back on.

this worked for me. I think like the versa there’s a glitch when you use something else on the tracker like weather it stops notifications for some reason.

Best Answer

I tried this method a few times, and restarted as well. Still no dice. So strange, because notifications were working fine for the first day or two, but now none rare coming through. All settings are as they should be to enable notifications. Hmm...thinking...did they stop Saturday at the time of the update? 

Best Answer

Mine stopped Sunday morning and now wont sync at all and I've tried everything

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not home so I wasn’t able to use the cable as you mentioned since I don’t have it with me... but the rest of it worked without it!—I’m finally getting notifications on my Charge 3 now. Thanks, man!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oops, my post above was meant for another thread. But for what it’s worth, I just got notifications to work by turning off Bluetooth, then the Fitbit app, THEN reversing this. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

sorry, newbie here, how do you turn off the Fitbit app?  I have an iPhone and this is my first fitbit - less than 24 hours old and not receiving notifications from texts

Best Answer
0 Votes

any resolution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I’m getting notifications again. It may still be hit and miss though. I just turned up the signal to strong as well.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner

I have an iPhone as well. Swipe from the bottom up and hold until the page/app you are currently in ‘shrinks’ and other shrunk’ screens appear on the left. Swipe right until you find the Fitbit app, then swipe/push it forward/‘up’ until it disappears. This closes the app. 

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes
You are the best - thank you!
Best Answer
Thank you for your reply - hopefully FitBit is seeing these posts and working out the bugs in the system! Seems like a great product so far.
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner

Glad to help!

Now, if Fitbit will just make the previous Charge 2 watch faces/screens available as options in the Charge 3, as well as more Charge 3 faces/screens with the date displayed too, I would be 100%! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have an iPhone and it was doing the same thing with me and when I restart my iPhone it’s seem to fix the problems however it keeps reoccurring and if I restart my phone I will get my notifications. It is annoying I hope there is a patch soon.

Best Answer

Good evening 

i’m not getting mobile/call/message notifications for the past few days. My sleep

hasn’t tracked or steps properly ...I do think

it is a massive software frimwork issue as a saw a twitter post on there page. I hope there working on it. I just notice my messages weren’t coming through. 🤨😕...I’ve restarted 3/4,times if did the long restart a couple of times. x 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for my Note 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does seem to only be temporary though

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s still intermittent but does not work properly ever. If you restart the app or your phone occasionally it works okay for a while but it never works as it is supposed to.
Best Answer
0 Votes