Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add Spin as exercise?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, just received my Charge 3, and trying to set it up, however I can't seem to find an option for Spin exercise, just bike, which is quite different, any one mange to locate it?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There is actually a Spinning exercise shortcut. It's just not one of the six defaults, so you'll need to add it. This is how:

1. Open the Fitbit app.
  2. Tap on the icon in the upper right corner to access your account settings.
  3. Tap on Charge 3 in the list of devices.
  4. Scroll down to "Exercise Shortcuts" and tap it.
  5. For iOS, click "Edit" in the upper right corner of the screen, then decide which shortcut you want to delete and tap the red circle next to its name. For Android, swipe left on any shortcut to remove it.
  6. Now tap on the "Exercise Shortcut" option at the bottom of the list.
  7. Find "Spinning" in the list (it's NOT alphabetical) and tap on it.
  8. If you want to make "Spinning" the first exercise shortcut or move it up in the list, press and hold the three vertical lines icon to the right (iOS) or left (Android) of the "Spinning" section, and drag the Workout section to the top of the list of shortcuts or wherever you want it.
  9. Press "Done" in the upper right corner.
  10. Press "Charge 3" in the upper left corner.
  11. Make sure your phone syncs to your tracker to send it the new shortcut and ordering changes.
  12. Verify the "Spinning" shortcut appears in the list of exercise shortcuts on your Charge 3.

Hope that helps! (If it did, you can accept my answer as the solution, so the moderators will know this question was answered.)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

There is actually a Spinning exercise shortcut. It's just not one of the six defaults, so you'll need to add it. This is how:

1. Open the Fitbit app.
  5. For iOS, click "Edit" in the upper right corner of the screen, then decide which shortcut you want to delete and tap the red circle next to its name. For Android, swipe left on any shortcut to remove it.
  8. If you want to make "Spinning" the first exercise shortcut or move it up in the list, press and hold the three vertical lines icon to the right (iOS) or left (Android) of the "Spinning" section, and drag the Workout section to the top of the list of shortcuts or wherever you want it.
  11. Make sure your phone syncs to your tracker to send it the new shortcut and ordering changes.
  12. Verify the "Spinning" shortcut appears in the list of exercise shortcuts on your Charge 3.

Hope that helps! (If it did, you can accept my answer as the solution, so the moderators will know this question was answered.)

Best Answer

@KelseyClubb wrote:

1. Open the Fitbit app.

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU!  I wasn't the orginal poster. . but searched the board as I was struggling with logging my spin classes.. this was an easy fix!

Best Answer

It's great to see you here @fragglerock64@painterfam and @KelseyClubb thanks for the input.

I am glad to see here that our friend replied your inquiry. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much, this was driving me nuts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was super helpful .. Thanks so much for sharing this!!! I’ve been struggling to find out how to solve this 👍 all done now and I’m ready to go 

kinda regards 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i was able to add a short cut, but how do i get the app to recognize that i am spinning?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, it doesn't auto-recognize, as far as I can tell. On my Charge 3, I left
swipe, select 'exercise', then select 'spinning' from my options, then
select start (twice!). When done, double tap the side button to end the
tracking. I hope that's helpful!
Best Answer

Hello,

I've tried this solution but somehow the spinning icon doesnt appear in my Charge 3. I've succesfully synced it several times, but still it doesnt appear. Anyone here has the same problem?

And another question, if i havent added the icon, will Charge 3 still track my spinning exercise? Because when I open the dashboard it only shows 'active minutes', not shown in 'exercise' for my spinning session. 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank You

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

i had the same problem until I realised you have to delete one of the default options before you can add another exercise of your choice . Hope that helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Glad this was such an easy fix, and thank you for walking through the steps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have ''edit' on my android app for exercise.only managed to change my interval time once and it disappeared for good. have attempted uninstalling and reinstalling..the ''edit' never came back...have been with it 2nd month now..argh...I need help pls

Best Answer
0 Votes

In Charge 2 I was able to create my own exercises like Lawnmowing, Gardening etc in addition to the pre-existing list. I can't seem to find anywhere in Charge 3 where I can do the same. Is this possible?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much KelseyClubb. That was clear and easy and I never would’ve found it myself!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi on the new dashboard the three small lines don’t show so I can’t move Spin to the top. I’m on Apple iPhone. Anyone else have this issue and can help please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Palma_girl2014 I have the new dashboard on an iPhone 6S and this is what it looks like for me (this is for Versa 2, but it should be the same for Charge 3): https://youtu.be/NbElwqoLTjc?t=162

You have to be in the "Edit" mode for the lines to appear (you can watch the entire video linked above from the beginning for how I put it into Edit mode).

Does that work?

Follow along as I show you how to customize Fitbit Versa 2 exercise shortcuts. Where to buy = https://wearablewhisperer.com/buy/fitbit-versa-2
Best Answer

Thank you it worked I really appreciate it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you KelseyClubb.  I only wish you're post was the first I came across.  Well done.

Best Answer
0 Votes