Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing since update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well this is my replacement charge 3. Since last week I haven’t be able to sync on either iOS or Android . I have reset the Fitbit, removed and re installed the apps , tried everything. I removed my Fitbit from my account and tried to reinstall. It says it finds the Fitbit but can’t connect. I am super frustrated. My mom is too as this was a gift for me and she saved to buy it for me.

also last week it went from 2 hours behind to 3, 4 and now 6 hours and 45 minutes behind. 

I have no idea what to do, please help!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Brownygurl. It's nice to see you around.

Thanks for trying to sync your Charge 3 with two mobile devices, and I'm sorry that you've had this experience. You did a great job with the troubleshooting steps! Although you've worked on this situation,  I'd recommend to try the following steps:

1. Remove the Charge 3 from the Bluetooth settings in your iOS and Android devices.
  2. Turn off the Bluetooth from your iOS and Android devices, and any other device nearby.
  3. Make sure the Fitbit app is updated to the 3.0 version.
  4. Verify that the operative system of your iOS mobile is also updated.
  5. Turn on the Bluetooth only in your iOS mobile and open the Fitbit app.
  6. Tap on the Account icon > setup a new device > Charge 3.
  7. Follow the onscreen instructions to connect your device.

If the issue persists and an error message is displayed, please provide me with a screenshot so I can take a look into this. For instructions to attach a picture, check this post.

Keep me posted. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

By following your instructions won't we complete wipe out our history??

Best Answer

I'm having exactly the same trouble as Brownygurl ! I also re-installed my Fitbit App, removed my Charge 3 and tried to reinstall it. This is my 3rd Fitbit Tracker and I never had any problem before. I'm using the App on my IPhone. I followed the setup steps and once it says that it has found the Tracker it won't connect !! It continues looking for it..fullsizeoutput_20f8.jpeg

Best Answer

Hi @HDinCincy and @EppyPat, welcome to the Community Forums! I'm sorry for my delayed response.

@HDinCincy, regarding to your inquiry, the setup process is to reconnect your Charge 3 back to your account, this way the information that has already synced can remain there. Please follow the steps as posted above, and when prompted, accept the option to replace your device.

@EppyPat, thanks for bringing this to my attention, as well for the screenshot provided. Just to confirm, have you tried the steps posted above in the given order? May I know your iPhone's model and iOS version? Did you remove your previous Fitbit devices from your account and Bluetooth settings? Do you have other Bluetooth connections turn on? If you've not done so, I'd recommend to restart your Charge 3 prior starting the setup process.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy, I have tried the steps, including recharging the Charge 3. I have na IPhone 7 with IOS 12.3.1

After doing all these things, including recharging more than once, my FitBit has gone completely dead !!! Doesn't even turn on !!! 

Best Answer

Hi @EppyPat, welcome back. I'm glad to see you here, and I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Thanks for the information provided, as well for trying the steps posted above. Since your Charge 3 isn't able to turn on correctly, please try cleaning the contacts on your device and charging cable. Also, change the clock face, and perform a long restart with the following steps:

1. Plug your device back into the charging cable and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  2. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  3. The device turns off.
  4. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  5. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  6. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Keep me posted. Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted my Charge 3, iPad, and android phone several times in the past 4 days,...and Charge 3 still will not sync. This is posted elsewhere in the community. However, as Fitbit has not responded, posting here  and hoping for a response. A restart is NOT the answer. That has been tried multiple times, on ALL devices. Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I posted elsewhere earlier that I had the same problem with my Fitbit Charge 3 not syncing and I think it was caused by a lack of available storage on my android phone. Since increasing the available storage on my phone I have not had a problem syncing it happens automatically as expected.. May be worth checking. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem too, and have spent hours following ALL of Lizzy fitbits suggestions --to no avail.

I get the same Picture as Eppypat ("We found your Tracker).

We now have June 2020 this issue was talked about 6 months ago already! Itake it the other have just given up trying?

My tracker is under Guarantee, perhaps the best solution would be to return it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good idea. Checked it out but am only using 13,8GB of 32GB😕. Still it was worth a try. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes