Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with S7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 was synced fine with my Samsung s7 but suddenly won't sync. I tried unpairing and re pairing but it wont pair now. I tried with my old iPhone and it won't pair with that either. Any ideas?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

Is it still connected to the bluetooth on your phone? Mine was fine yesterday but this morning wouldn't sync and had lost the Bluetooth connection. A restart of the 3 fixed it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AnnaFin76 @vee Have you two tried the restart steps outlined in this pinned thread? If not, I suggest giving those steps a try and let me know your results once you've tried that. 

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought one last night and set up and synced fine.  This morning could not sync after restarts of everything and even unpaired and repaired.  I thought it was the device so exchanged it.  I haven't had the replacement for one full day and is now having same sync issues.  I called customer service and all they do is ask if you went reset everything.  Very dissappointed, I had high hopes for this!  I loved the old charge hr and never had any sync issues.  Fitbit needs to look I to this asap!

Best Answer

I think it's more than this. I got my charge 3 yesterday and it wasn't syncing. I followed the instructions and it started syncing and it was syncing this morning. However, now it has stopped again. I never had an issue like this with my charge 2. I've just rebooted the charge 3 again and it is now syncing again - but of course you don't want to be doing this every day!

Best Answer

I am having the same issues with my new Charge 3.  It was find when I first set it up but for some unknown reason it just stopped synching.  Also never had this problem with my Charge 2.  I've done all of the trouble shooting short of rebooting the Charge 3 (I don't have the charger with me at work) and nothing worked.  UGH

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue, the Fitbit will just stop syncing until rebooted (And I don't have the cable with me).
Should I return it? seems to be a defect for several units.

Best Answer
I’m returning mine. My charge 2 never lets me down.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. I’m sending mine back. I’d rather stick with the charge 2, solid and
stable.
Best Answer

I had to reboot mine completely again yesterday and then it uploaded inconsistent step amounts. Am giving it one last go but if this carries on it's going back. So disappointing as I love it other than the syncing issue

Best Answer

I rebooted mine last night and it worked but woke up to same issue.  The app and watch do not sync.  I am so frustrated- ran out to buy the Charge 3 but there is clearly a major glitch.  I had my Charge 2 for years without any problem like this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, very frustrating.
Best Answer
Yes. I don’t know whether to send it back or if updates to the software
will be issued soon to sort this out. I suppose I have a month to send it
back.
Best Answer

Same issue here. Purchased yesterday and it was working fine but now will not connect to bluetooth despite multiple restarts.

Best Answer

Same issue,  have done reset, tried to unpair/repair.  Now I can't pair with my phone and it won't let me set up the tracker again in the app.

Immensely frustrating.  What is the deal, fitbit?

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. l have an S7 too.  My Charge 3 synced fine for a couple of days and will not sync now.  I've reset it 2 or 3 times, I've gone through all the steps on the advice given, including re-installing the app, but nothing works.  Just now I tried putting the cable into my computer to see if I could sync through that (Apple Mac) but can't see a way to do that either...  Help, please, because it's useless if it won't sync.

Best Answer

Me too. Samsung S7.  Worked well for a couple of weeks.  Now no good.  No pairing.  Please confirm a firmware fix is coming or I will return. 

Best Answer

Mine will sync with my S8 at random times, but not when I schedule a sync.  I've found restarting my phone will often sync it, but it is frustrating.  I just restarted my phone, the statistics all match what is on my Charge 3, but it still says it synced 4 hours ago. Frustrating.

Best Answer

I'd tried restarting phone, reinstalling app, turning bluetooth on and off, resetting the Fitbit itself - none worked. Have just tried removing the Charge 3 from the app (using the delete icon) and then setting it up as a new device again - and that has worked (the step and exercise data have synced, though the sleep data from last night isn't there).  I'll see how it goes...  fingers crossed that this doesn't keep happening.  I did notice that there'd been an Android software update very recently so I wonder if that has caused the glitch.  If that's the case, and setting the device up again sorts it for the long term, I'm happy with the Charge 3.  If not, I'll have to go back to the Charge 2HR.

Best Answer
Yes mine stopped working at 230 AM last night. I got the sync working
after deleting everything and my old data is still there from the cloud,
but very inconvenient.
Best Answer