Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen is flickering constantly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The heartbeat monitor starting glitching during my run this morning and after my workout I noticed it was vibrating constantly. 

The screen is flickering between the screen wake notifications menu and the time/ home screen. I would say it is flickering more then 2-3 times per second. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community Forums @Merlin01! Thanks for reporting the odd behavior of your Charge 3's screen. Also, thanks for restarting your device. 

Since the restart provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions. Woman Wink

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
37 REPLIES 37

I forgot to mention I tried to reset the Fitbit while on the charger but that did not help out at all. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @JeffClark1983! Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3's behavior.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue. Since the restart you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Having same issue with Charge 3 which I purchased only 6 months ago.  Hopefully Customer Support will have some feedback soon as I'm seeing other users reporting the same problem.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @CraigMartin3184! If your Charge 3 won't stop vibrating and keeps switching between the screens, I recommend restarting it by following the instructions provided in the help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What is the next step for the issues that I am experiencing with my Charge
3?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I worked with Fitbit Customer Support and restarting my Charge 3 by holding the button for 15 seconds while connected to the charging cable seems to have resolved the problem.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
The 15 second reset did not resolve the issue. The screen is still
flickering and the heart rate monitor is still not working even though it
is turned on in the settings.
Best Answer

Thank You

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same rapid flickering between screens and won't stop vibrating problem. The battery is also running out every day. As a result, my stats are not showing correctly in the app. I have tried the 8 second restart and the 15 second long restart. I have tried all of the suggestions in the help forums. Nothing helps for very long because I have to restart it numerous times every day now that I have to charge it every day. The only reason I upgraded to the Charge 3 is because my Charge 2 screen broke. I was happy with the Charge 3 until this super annoying problem started recently. With the number of people reporting the same problem, I don't even want to own a Fitbit anymore. Please provide me with a rapid, permanent solution to this mess.

Best Answer

Hello there @JeffClark1983I am sorry to hear that you are going through this situation. Thanks so much for all the steps you've tried so far to solve the issue.

As mentioned above, I've created a support case so our Support Team can continue assisting you. Please don't miss to check your inbox, someone will be in touch with you very soon. 

Hey there @CraigMartin3184! I'm very glad to hear that our team helped you to solve the issue. 

Welcome to the Community Forums @travellingfood! I totally understand how you feel. I appreciate your feedback for the Fitbit Charge 3. 

I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and that they have helped you with this. Woman Wink

Let me know if you have any questions present.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with the screen flickering back and forth and also heart rate not working. Reset several times but did not solve the problem.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @Merlin01! Thanks for reporting the odd behavior of your Charge 3's screen. Also, thanks for restarting your device. 

Since the restart provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions. Woman Wink

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now my Charge 3 appears completely dead. Won’t even turn on. Please update Support. Will wait to hear from them. Thanks

Best Answer

My Charge 3 is flickering through screens nonstop.  I have tried resetting it to no avail.  What do I do now? I have had it for less than a year! 😞

Best Answer

My Charge 3 is flickering through screens nonstop.  I have tried resetting it to no avail.  What do I do now? I have had it for less than a year! Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tonight my charge 3 started flickering between screens and I’ve tried the restart but it just gives me the occasional smiley face, then goes blank before starting to flicker between screens again! Help! I haven’t even used it to swim yet!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I tried the restart an it made it worse. Doesn’t do anything at the moment

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I contact customer support. My charge 3 is dead

Best Answer
0 Votes