Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen is going constantly blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have reset my Charge HR 3 multiple times and it gets better for a little but then goes black again. I’ve gone into settings and tried adjusting the brightness but again nothing worked permanently. Seems to be an issue for many. What finally worked?

thank you

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Cb6913, welcome to the Community Forums. I apologize for the late response, due to recent events affecting our operations, we're taking longer to respond.

I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3's display is going constantly blank. Thank you for taking the time to restart your tracker and to adjust the brightness settings, I'll do my best to get you back on track.

I'd recommend to perform a long restart by following the steps below:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again

If the long restart doesn't work either, please check in your Fitbit app if your Charge 3 is still syncing. If so, change the clock face to a different one to see if this brings back the display. Don't worry if you cannot see anything on the display by now, this process is done through the Fitbit app. 

Let me know how it goes. 😉

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there @Cb6913, welcome to the Community Forums. I apologize for the late response, due to recent events affecting our operations, we're taking longer to respond.

I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3's display is going constantly blank. Thank you for taking the time to restart your tracker and to adjust the brightness settings, I'll do my best to get you back on track.

I'd recommend to perform a long restart by following the steps below:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again

If the long restart doesn't work either, please check in your Fitbit app if your Charge 3 is still syncing. If so, change the clock face to a different one to see if this brings back the display. Don't worry if you cannot see anything on the display by now, this process is done through the Fitbit app. 

Let me know how it goes. 😉

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having similar problems. Except I’ve tried the restart with the charger, changed the clock face. Removed the device to try and reconnect which my phone finds but 

when it asks for the pair code the Fitbit screen shows nothing. Not vibrating either  

updated the Fitbit app on my iPhone this morning, went to sync and it couldn’t find the device. I rebooted manually from the watch and it’s been screen dead since. 

this is the recent replacement you guys have sent me after having issues with my first one. Less than two weeks and another problem??! Not great. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @elielt304, welcome on board. Thanks for the details provided about your Charge 3's screen behavior. I appreciate you've taken the time to try all the steps you listed prior to contacting us. 

Since your Charge 3's screen is still unresponsive, I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team so they can tell you what are your options as per the warranty status of your tracker. Keep in mind that we may need more than 7 business days to respond, due to recent events affecting our operations. Stay tuned of your inbox to the email address associated with this account. 

We hope to get you back on track soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today my beloved Fitbit charge 3 has died on me it kept scrolling really fast went blank and has stayed dark ever since I have tried everything but it just won’t wake up please assist. 

kind regards 

jane 

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of this has worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the long restarts to no avail (blank screen, then 88 % power) , then blank again. When I tried to find another clock face could not find one for Charge 3. I am not a techie so am very frustrated. Can someone please assist? Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

9C09E833-407F-4820-B980-EDDDBCC40905.jpeg

 what is this screen? One third of click face shown with an odd readout?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I am having similar troubles and following these instructions have not worked. I have had my Fitbit for a few years now and these issues have started within the past month. 
Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi try reaching out to someone on the live chat they are really helpful.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes