Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 has stripes on screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

Yesterday my screen went from black with white letters (Normal) to gray with white strips (not normal) No matter which page I am on it shows the white strips. I have tried changing the clock style and the strips remain. 

Also, I tried to reboot my device and the screen doesn’t change back to black with white letters, but keeps the white strips (not normal). I just received my charge 3 in May of 2020 and love using it. What should I do next? I’d love help fixing it. 

Thanks!

Himetime

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Himetime.

I am sorry to hear your Charge 3 is showing lines on screen. Thanks for trying to resolve this and providing the additional details. I totally understand how you are feeling as you love your device and I am here to help. Since you've tried to restart the tracker and change a clock face, I would like to confirm if you've tried doing a long restart:

• Connect the device to the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration
  • The device turns off.
  • The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  • Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Additionally, I recommend checking if your Fitbit app is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update the Fitbit app?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Himetime.

I am sorry to hear your Charge 3 is showing lines on screen. Thanks for trying to resolve this and providing the additional details. I totally understand how you are feeling as you love your device and I am here to help. Since you've tried to restart the tracker and change a clock face, I would like to confirm if you've tried doing a long restart:

• Connect the device to the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration
  • The device turns off.
  • The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  • Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Additionally, I recommend checking if your Fitbit app is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update the Fitbit app?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi LiliyaFibit,

Thank you so much for responding!

I have tried all of the steps for a long restart and I updated it but there is still no change. I would love to figure out how I can fix it. I’m going to attempt to use the warranty process now unless there is something else I should try?

Thanks,

Himetime

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @Himetime.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for your efforts. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. Please keep an eye on your inbox. You can take a look at this page for more information about the warranty policy.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I am trying to return my Fitbit, charge 4.  I will be purchasing another one as this one's screen is malfunctioning. I have my order number from Amazon and my zip code, but it will not accept it.  Can you please advise how to proceed with this return?  Thank you!

Jennifer Hime

Best Answer
0 Votes