Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been using it without a display since October, but since the touch screen still functions it's stuck on some setting that has it vibrate every so often and I can't get out of it because I can't see anything on the display.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Right - I've had many problems with my Charge3 display too.  They replaced the Charge 3 once under warrantee when several lines in the display stopped working which I appreciated.  Unfortunately the replacement Charge 3 display is so dim that I can barely read it in a dark room.  I contacted support and they weren't willing to help beyond suggesting I reboot it. Now I'm back to the Charge 3 with the lines missing from the display.  

This may help - if you haven't tried changing the display face.  There have also been MANY times where my display stopped working on the Charge 3 - I found changing the clock face display to a different face and then back seemed to get the display working again. 

Of course it didn't help with the dim display.  At lease it still seems to track activity and can be read in a dark room.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@A.L. @Mark___ I hope you are doing fine.

@A.L. let me help you with this. You don't mention any troubleshoots so I suggest you restart your tracker by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Disconnect your tracker from the charging cable.

@Mark___ I asked for more information and Support informed me that they have replied to you asking for some details so they can review your tracker's warranty status. It is up to you if you wish to reply to them.

I'll be around.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@A.L.   Thanks for your response. 

I have tried all of the steps you suggested several times and still have the problems with my tracker prior to getting into and posting in the community.  In addition I've changing the face of the display which in the past helped restore a screen on the fitbit when it stopped responding. 

I will be glad to provide any additional details however I don't recall any recent communication asking for it. 

As I have mentioned before, possibly in other "conversations," I have talked to Support representatives who said my Charge 3 is out of warranty and there is nothing they can do.  I will note that Support did offer a discount to me for purchasing a new device (which would have only been a few dollars below the Black Friday price).   Why would I spend money on a new device from a company that doesn't produce quality products or stand behind them?  Especially when, based on my experience, it is likely that the same thing will happen in another year.  I believe the warranty should be extended since the Charge 3 display had inherent defects in it from the start and I believe that Fitbit (Google) should either fix it or replace it with a device that doesn't have the defects in the display.   

Regards,
Mark

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mark___, I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3 is no longer under the warranty period. I totally understand how you feel about this and we appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

We'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh thank you so much for replying so close to the end of my warranty period, I look forward to being denied a replacement. Seriously, TWO WEEKS for a moderator to reply?

As you'll see in my past posts, I've already been told how to do all of this stuff that resulted in no fix what-so-ever on my 200 dollar product. You seriously think after having had it replaced once already I don't have any idea how to restart the thing? It probably does restart just fine, but the screen is broken, so how am I supposed to see this happy face? It's an obvious widespread issue based upon the scores of forum posts about it, and the fact that my replacement one lasted just a little bit longer than the last one before developing the exact same issue. No amount of restarting it is going to fix the problem with the display, it's clearly an issue with hardware. Maybe source better quality components would be a solution to keep consumers happy? Beats me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well now the turd won't even pair with my phone, and since the display is totally non-functional I can't get it to re-pair at all. Great stuff. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

-Sorry to hear that A.L.

It seems that Fitbit Does Not Care about the quality of what they sell.  

From my understanding, the original Fitbit company, before they sere sold to Google, outsourced all of the customer support with strict limitations on what they can do. Very strict. Probably the same today. I tried once early on when I had problems with the Charge 3 to talk to some one in their headquarters without any luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love that my post title can be edited to be mis-informative but no one can actually reply regarding a replacement.

The screen is defective. It doesn't turn on because tiny little pins in it have probably broken resulting in the same garbled, line filled display that seems to be a precursor to the display outright failing to display anything shortly after that happens. This is evidenced throughout your support forums, is the exact same thing that happened to my prior charge 3 before I was offered a replacement. 

Is anyone going to arrange a replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to correct this post --  apparently the acquisition of Fitbit to Google has not been completed yet due to some concerns.  

Don't want to say much more on this post may be removed like my previous one was...

Best Answer
0 Votes

A.L.  - I'm not surprised they can do that and only a little that they did. 

At least they didn't delete your post all together (as they did mine).  

Unfortunately, I would be very surprised if they will arrange a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

PLEASE - can someone at Fitbit see about getting a replacement to A.L ?  After all it is the holiday season.  Maybe you'll get another 6 months out of it.  Maybe more if they've done something to improve their design and component/supplier selection.  At least I got one replacement - which unfortunately failed in a different way.  At this point it is unlikely Fitbit cares as long as they come up with new devices to sell to new buyers who either haven't experienced the failures or accept them.  

Best Answer
0 Votes