Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen is too dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried the short and long restart, changed clock face and nothing seem to be working. Gotten dim and getting dimmer everyday. How do I fix this?

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @Spaxxks , could it be that “dim screen” is accidentally selected?  Swipe left on your Charge 3 to find the settings menu and choose display.  You can toggle between dim, normal and auto.  If dim is turned on you may need to go into a very dark room in order to see the setting so that you can adjust it.  I recommend “normal”.

If that doesn’t fix your issue it may be that the battery on your Fitbit is beginning to fail.  As I am sure you are aware, all rechargeable batteries have a limited life span.  If a restart and adjusting the brightness does not help you may want to get in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on Contact.Fitbit.com so they can let you know your options.

Good luck and welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply but however it’s not the setting. It’s getting dimmer as the lights are fading off slowly. I believe it has become common problem with charge 3 but had no solutions.
Appreciate your assistance.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

If it isn’t the brightness setting, and a restart does not fix it, then I think unfortunately it is likely that the battery will be coming to the end of its life, as I mentioned above.  Although they can last for several years or more, small batteries of the sort used in smart watches will begin to deteriorate in most cases in about a year or two - depending on how they have been used - and the Charge 3 is now several years old.  That is why you are seeing these reports on the forum pages.

As mentioned above, assuming your Charge 3 is no longer covered by warranty due to its age, it can still be worth getting in touch with Fitbit Customer Support as if you are thinking of upgrading to one of the newer devices, sometimes they are able to offer a discount to loyal customers.

I am sorry not to have better news for you.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Spaxxks. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. 

I noticed that you already got in touch with our Support Team and got assistance.

Thank you for your help @Julia_G.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To adjust the brightness on your Charge 3, do the following:
From the tracker, swipe left to Settings.
Tap the brightness option and select the option you prefer.

Hope this will be helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes