Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen stuck

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Fitbit Charge 3 for almost 4 months with relatively no issues. Although earlier today I noticed it was on a low charge, so when I got back to my dorm and plugged it in, the face didn't change as I've grown accustomed to.

I was confused and plugged it in and out multiple times to no avail. Next, I looked up potential ways to fix it and saw to hold the side button for 8 seconds whilst the Fitbit is being charged. I tried this as well, and nothing happened.

It's stuck on the screen with a low charge symbol in the top left. The time, steps, and beat counter still work fine. If possible I'd love a solution. My Fitbit still works just fine, but I have that low charge symbol in the top left permanently it seems like so I won't know when it's low again. Perhaps let it die and see what will happen then?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

A warm welcome to the Community @Xevoro.

Thanks for troubleshooting this display issue by yourself. If your tracker is stuck, I recommend performing a long restart by doing the following:

• Plug the device into the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  • The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you, thank you for this! I before bed always set my alarm, turn the screen brightness to dim, and make sure the screen wake is off at night. In the morning I turn it all back to normal, but today it wouldn't work. It would slide up, down, etc. to any of the other screens and when I pressed the side button there was no reaction. I found this, tried it, and my FitBit works perfectly now! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this. My screen was frozen too. I followed the procedure and it is now unlocked. 👍👍👍

Best Answer

Hi, 

My charge 3 screen is blank. It’s been happening on and off for about a week, but cannot get it to work at all today. I’ve tried the plug it in, press the button, smiley face and unplug, telling etc. This has not worked. Still blank screen. It’s not even 12 months old!! 
Help please....

Best Answer

This worked great!  Thanks so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this info!

I had the same issue but fixed it by taking slightly different steps:

1) hold button down for 15 seconds

2) attach to charger

Best Answer

This worked for me.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked perfectly, thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and instead of replacing the unit (I’ve had it less than 6 months) they want me to spend MORE money and buy another one rather than replacing the dud that they sold me.

Best Answer

Try this, it worked for me

• Plug the device into the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  • The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

Hope it helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you talked to customer services? I did online chat, and they have resolved my issue and have been super helpful. Mine was nearly 12 months old.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but mine would never reset or fully shut down.... Fitbit have resolved this now though!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me, too. The suggested fix didn't work, but changing the clock interface did! I'd suggest trying that.

Best Answer

This happened to my charge 3 too. Did what you said, and it worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great to hear!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank You, that worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great to hear!!
Best Answer

Thanks for sharing this trick.  It worked great for me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. Changing my clock face worked great! I was able to fix it with my phone using the app. I didn't have to wait till I got home to put it on the charger and count. Click on your picture(account), your device, and clock faces. Choose a clock and hopefully it will work for you too.

Best Answer
0 Votes