Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen on my charge three is completely useless when I’m outside. It’s not visible at all even though I have tried to make sure the settings are correct. Indoors I can view the screen but it’s still very poor. Is anyone else having this problem and can anyone recommend a Fitbit with a really clear screen. I understand some of them are backlit does this really help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello Mansaul,  I have a charge 3 right now, and I haven't experienced these issues, the display can be a bit rough to read when in direct sunlight but is otherwise ok.  the display on the Charge 3 is backlit, according to the spec sheet.  All modern digital displays are lit in some way.  I have my brightness to normal, though I know that the level I get on the Charge 3 at normal is too dim for a lot of people; if you go into the device settings on the tracker, you will find the brightness; low is going to be far too dim most of the time, normal is what I find adequate, and you can also set it to high.

You can find official instruction from the manual (around page 16)
https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_charge_3_en_US.pdf

If the Charge 3 is still too dim at the highest setting, it may be worthwhile to invest in a fitbit with a brighter screen.  I know the Sense has an AMOLED screen, which is reported to be very bright, but I'm unsure of all the trackers - I have limited experience and I have not done the research.  By no means am I suggesting to go from the lower end of the cost spectrum straight to the top - the purpose of pointing out the sense screen is that fitbit uses different display technologies across their line, so each unit will be different in how bright it is and what it can display, both in terms of color, clarity, and brightness.  there's plenty of reviews for each product in the lineup, so I'd encourage you to look into each one that you may be interested in to try to see if the brightness of another unit may be more on-par with what you would like to see from your fitbit.

I hope this helps.  Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my Charge 3. It is completely useless outside and I can barely see it inside unless I am in a darker room. When I am able to read a notification I can't tell who it is from since that part has a lighter gray scale. I kept hoping for an update to fix the problem but it seems as though this will not happen at this point. Both my daughters had the Versa. Although they never had display issues as with the Charge 3 they had other issues. One was replaced inside the warranty period. However, the other died just outside of the warranty period and Fitbit only offered a small discount towards a replacement. Therefore she purchased a Samsung Galaxy watch (which was a better deal than the discount offered by Fitbit) and has loved it ever since. Due to not being able to read my Charge 3 in most settings, I will not look to Fitbit when it is time to get a replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes