Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 replacement band

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can’t get replacement strap except cheap one from amazon which have bad reviews anyone know why ?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@Saunders1965 Welcome! It's great to see you around! You can check the options at the Fitbit store. If you need other options you can search on Amazon as you said. There are many options there with different ratings. Still just be aware that there aren't covered by Fitbit's warranty.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried the Fitbit store nothing I am a small and no joy . They are still selling the Fitbit charge 2 in stores which seems unfair particularly to people just purchasing them just now . Reviews for cheap bands on amazon aren’t good some people have lost their watches obviously not a great fit . Fitbit are huge every second person is wearing one shouldn’t be allowed for what I’m assuming is happening older model so bands being discontinued. They are expensive I think it’s shocking we have bought in good faith and they are not bothering at the other end for customer satisfaction.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

My wife and I are struggling with FitBit also .her band fell apart on her Charge2.  They replaced it .then her screen broke as did mine. A few weeks later, my band fell spart. They replace it with a terrible blue band with the promise to replace it with black .that was three months ago. About three weeks ago my wife's band fell apart again. This time it fell off and we never found it .We purchased a new Charge3 only to find out that we can't set it up. They changed the app so that only mobile devices using iOS 10 or Android 5.0 or higher. We took it back. We are done with Fitbit. I'm not going to buy new phones or replace iPads just to set up their devices. So goes the world of Tech.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear this obviously the company are getting it all their own way at the moment what they need is a bit of competition to stop them from being complacent.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Alvaro, it wasn't true when you said it, and it's not true now.
Fitbit has moved on from the Charge 2 and everyone who bought one is left behind as Fitbit moves on to newer, more expensive, replace me again watches.

No Charge 2 bands on the Fitbit store site.

Typical once they get to big business size.

Different when Fitbit was just starting and wanted people to support it??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ekkn I hope you're doing well.

Let me help you with this. First I want to clarify that you are replying to a thread 2 years old (February 2019) and for a device that has been out of the market for 4 years if I recall correctly. You can check with authorized retailers to see if they have any accessories in 2021.

Hope this helps.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Dear Alvaro,

many thanks for pointing out to me that ​the thread is two years old. I read the date when I posted. If you look, I even pointed it out in my post. I was responding in a two year old post because that was the newest post that the FitBit community brought me to when I asked a question about replacement Charge 2 straps. It was Fitbit, not me, who chose the post.

I am surprised that you would defend Fitbit by pointing out the obsolescence of its products that Fitbit builds in by its withdrawal of its support to products only four years old. If this is true, then it would be less misleading if Fitbit prominently displayed, when people were buying its products, that it will remove support (as in "parts") after only a couple of years. It makes a Fitbit look a whole lot more like a consumable than a valuable, long lasting, piece of technology.

In this day of environmental crisis such a disposable product attitude is frightening for what is supposed to be a leading personal technology manager. I presume Fitbit's marketing people don't know the mud you appear to be happy to sling at Fitbit's reputation and ethos.

You will recall the post was in response to other Fitbit owners saying precisely the same thing, two years ago, that Fitbit no longer supported this product with spares. So, according to them, Fitbit had stopped supporting the product two years ago, not the four that you now appear to be claiming as perfectly justifiable. I have to echo the other customers' views. When my first Fitbit Charge 2 strap broke two years ago I couldn't find a new strap on the Fitbit website.

So, many thanks for pointing out the age of the original post (which I'd noted in my post), but I'm afraid I'm not terribly grateful for any of the rest of your post. Maybe leaving out the sarcasm might get you off to a better start with people you respond to.
Best Answer
0 Votes
The post I made was sent a long time and the matter dealt with around 1yr or 2 ago .

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just what I said!
Thanks for confirming!!
Have a great day !!!
Best Answer
0 Votes