Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 so difficult to see during the day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone confirm they also have difficult seeing their time etc on their charge 3 during the day. Any suggestions on make it it brighter? I went to settings and have it on normal but it is still difficult to see. In the dark it is great…. Rainy days also. Thanking everyone in advance. 
Laura

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

You're not alone. I've had my Charge 3 for a couple of years now and it appears that the "bright" setting is closer to a dim setting and the "dim" setting is barely readable. I have a friend who has a Charge 4 and the difference on brightness is extremely noticable. I don't remember if my Fitbit was ever that bright but, it should be. I've tried resets (long and short) but nothing works. I plan on sticking with the brand but I also feel that I shouldn't have to buy a whole new tracker just so I can see the information during the day. 

Best Answer

Same- cannot see a thing outside regardless of resetting and/or adjusting brightness.  Super frustrating when all exercise is done outside!  After. Researching the issue the reports are not better on any other model.  I really do not want to switch brands, but unless Fitbit fixes this issue they leave us very little choice!

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Have had Fitbit just over a year and it used to be ok. But now can’t read it inside or out. I have always set it to ‘normal’ brightness. Can’t even see enough to scroll through and check the settings. I’ve seen on this community board that this has been a common problem with the charge 3 for years. I look forward to hearing of a solution. 

Best Answer

Thank you so much for responding so at least,  I know it is not me or my eye sight!😳 it is extremely frustrating to be unable to see the time so now I wear another watch to be successful with telling time. UGH!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response. 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

At this point I would take a decrease in battery life if it was possible to increase the brightness. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a fix that Fitbit is willing or able to push out to remedy the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks for your response. Wish it could be fixed but not feeling it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure do appreciate your response. Seems like we are all in the same timeless boat! 

Many thanks!!!

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Thank you for participating in the community forums.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you so much for the detailed information and for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please note that any feedback posted in the forums is always welcome as it helps to improve our products, services and overall environment.

I also appreciate your help in following some troubleshooting steps. Since the inconvenience has persisted and it seems that you already followed the steps from this thread, my best recommendation is that you please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. 

Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So after calling. The csr had me go into a very dark room (I used the closet) and press the side button for 2 seconds.  You should see DND , and scroll down to see a moon and stars.  I did not have a moon and stars which indicates a ‘screen issue’ as it did not automAtically go into sleep mode.  She said I most certainly should be able to see it in daylight and that I will be receiving an email in the next hour.  I am sure it will just be for a coupon as it is past warranty but we shall see……

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried the Moon and Stars check and also got nothing. I chatted with a tech earlier and they determined that the tracker was going bad. I received a 35% off coupon which I'll probably put towards a Charge 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi- just a heads up, after researching it appears charge 4 is just as bad! However good news is people say the Versa 3 is no problem in sunlight. I may give it a try as I do like the app and won’t lose my data this way :).
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bergette75@woolyt Thank you very much for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts and thank you for considering a new Fitbit device. If you have questions about a specific Fitbit model, I recommend visiting the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/products/find-your-fit 

On a side note, your feedback is very appreciated and important to us, since it definitely helps to continue working on improvements to our products and services. 

See you around.

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes