Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 step count is low

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the update, my Charge 3 has been anywhere from 2K to 4k steps less than my iPhone/Apple Health Tracking, with and without GPS makes no difference. I did make sure that my iPhone was tracking steps correctly by counting them which reaffirmed that Charge 3 is way behind.

I have rebooted, reset, etc. the device and even changed my stride length in both the Fitbit phone app and the desktop app. Then I reset Fitbit and rebooted once again, including in the charger strap. I suppose I could add walking via the app to force the Charge 3 to show the same steps are close to, my more accurate iPhone, but... eh.

Hoping this will be addressed and wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. The floor tracker also is spotty still. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sleep tracking seems to work well most of the time. One thing that I really like is being able to use the separate exercise trackers on the Charge 3, such as weightlifting, so that I can have that running concurrently and then pause in between sets. Works great. It would be nice if yoga and elliptical would be added. Thanks in advance for any feedback or available assistance.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hey @ruairí, it's great to see you around.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this step count issue. Please do the following and let me know the amount:

1. Put your device on your wrist.

2. Walk 100 steps, making sure to count a step each time one of your feet hits the ground.

3. Pause, then check your device to see your step count.

About the floors, is your Charge 3 registering a lot of stairs or the opposite? It's great to hear that your sleep information is working fine. About the shortcuts, have you tried to edit them? If you haven't, you can do it by following the instructions in the help article: How do I change the exercises in the Exercise app?.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi AlejandraFitbit,

I'm having the same problem and tried your suggestion my count was almost 40 steps off which is  significant. I have Fit on my phone and I don't carry my phone with me all the time but when I do my first walk in the morning I have both and  the count is off by 1350.

Floor count is off about 1/3 as well on the low side. I have tested this as well.

Best Answer