Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swimming

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

what is the difference between water resistant and waterproof in the description of the the charge 3. I am worried about wearing it in the pool.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The phrase "waterproof" isn't really used any more. Instead, there is a rating of water resistance that gives the depth of water that the item is safe in. The Charge 3 is rated to 50m depth as noted in the following help file: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1598/ so is quite safe for use in the pool.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

The phrase "waterproof" isn't really used any more. Instead, there is a rating of water resistance that gives the depth of water that the item is safe in. The Charge 3 is rated to 50m depth as noted in the following help file: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1598/ so is quite safe for use in the pool.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the explanation much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I use the charge 3 in the pool; however, what do you want it for...I didn’t realize when I bought mine but all it shows on the screen is elapsed time. It will not give you any information about laps on the watch while you are swimming.  Once it has synced to the app you get info but nothing while you are swimming.  I did ask if this could be an update to the software on the charge 3 to at least give laps.  

Best Answer
I wanted to make sure it was ok to swim with my first Fitbit was water proof my second one not. So I’m apprehensive about wearing it in the water.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. 

I was wondering if your request for laps / lap times was incorporated into newer versions of the software since you posted? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope unfortuneltly

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes