Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 stopped syncing with iPhone 6

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my fitbit 3 stopped syncing with my, iphone 6 it won’t connect to my bluetooth, tried deleting the app , switching bluetooth off/on resetting won’t work , anything else i can do ? synced for 1 day then stopped connecting to bluetooth 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Having the same issue with my Charge 3 on the iPhone X. I’m assuming this is a universal issue with the software? Can anyone advise? 

TIA 

Best Answer
Put it on charge hold the button on the side for 8 seconds , until the smile face comes on , then try to connect it again

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Witchynoodles @Lvm96_ It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced to sync your new Fitbit Charge 3. This problem should be resolved by restarting your tracker. After performing this procedure, please manually sync your Charge 3 while it’s still in the charger.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will there be a proper fix for this release within 2 weeks? I don’t want a tracker that needs to be plugged in to sync (LOL) but can only return for 2 weeks. 

Best Answer

This worked for me thanks Smiley Happy iPhone X stopped syncing after few days.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zobertbui @CJBuffaloNY Thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community.

This issue will definitely be fixed soon. Once any update be available it will be communicated as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Keep on stepping.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 3 is failing ti synch with my iphone 6. I've tried the pressing down the side button for 8 seconds on charge and synching phone - no joy. Tried deleting app and reinstalling app - no joy. I've tried everything it seems but no joy. Can anyone advise....I'm failing to be impressed with what I had high hopes for.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit 3 stopped syncing with my, iphone 6 it won’t connect to my bluetooth, tried deleting the app , switching bluetooth off/on resetting won’t work , anything else i can do ? synced for 1 day then stopped connecting to bluetooth 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all of these steps numerous times with no luck. It worked fine for the first few days and now will only sync with my iPad Pro.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It needs an update on the watch & the app through Bluetooth ' all working fine now has to be plugged in next to your phone
Sent from my HUAWEI P20 Pro on Three.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Alih_mirza @melet @Witchynoodles, thanks for your comments.

Besides the regular restart, you can also perform a long restart by following these steps:

1. Plug the Charge 3 into the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. Remove your finger from button. The device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  4. Remove the device from the charging cable.
  5. Plug the device into the charging cable again. 
  6. The smiley face icon appears on the screen. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve restarted charge 3, I’ve removed app on iPhone 8 & reinstalled. I’ve shut off Bluetooth and turned it back on, I’ve shut off my phone and restarted. I’ve reset and rebooted my charge. It won’t manually sync. I’ve revoked my device and relived in. Nothing is working. I took charge off for 5 days in November and now I cannot get it to sync anything. HELP

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shellbell23 Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

Thank you for the time you spent trying to resolve the syncing issue. To further investigate this situation, I created a case with Customer Support. Please check out your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed.

Keep on stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually after removing the app from my phone and iPad and reinstalling them, it now works fine. I also did the long version of the restart. Thank you! So far so good. Happy holidays. 🎄:snowman:🎁

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@melet Thanks for the update. 

I'm glad to hear that you have resolved the syncing issue, thank you for letting me know.

On another note, you are welcome to visit the Discussions board where you might find interesting topics to join.

Hope to see you more often in the Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Day 1 I got notifications on my Charge 3 for texts, but now it continuously disconnects from Bluetooth & I never get notifications anymore. 

Whas going on? Brand new charge 3. It’s very frustrating to already have issues within 2 days 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge 3 has stopped syncing with my Iphone 6S Plus. Its worked fine since bought last July but stopped syncing in April this year. I've tried following the advice above and Im still having an issue. I tried uninstalling the app from my phone and reinstalling, I've removed the device from the app and am not now able to add it again. The app says its found the tracker and that its connecting to it but nothing happens even if i leave them next to each other for a couple of hours. The fitbit is attached to the charger as per your instructions but still no luck. I followed your instructions for restarting the tracker but when I press the button for 15 seconds the screen goes blank and then the smiley face comes up even before I let go of the button although your instructions say it shouldnt. No idea what to do next

Best Answer
0 Votes

No smiley face, just a progressive line.

Best Answer
0 Votes