Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 stops responding, needs restart everyday

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased the Charge 3 last week.  I The first 2 days it worked fine.  Now everyday it locks up and when you press the side button, nothing happens.  The screen just stays blank.  The green pulsometer light on the back side is continuously flashing but that is the only thing that indicates the device is working.  It also will not sync with my iphone 6s when this happens.  I have to take off the watch and put it in the charger, hold the button for 8 seconds to restart it.  after that it works fine.  This is crazy, I have to do this everyday.  What is going on?  Is my device defective?  I do have the latest update on the Charge 3 so I know that is not adding to the issue.  Can anyone help me to figure out if this is a piece a crap and I need to request a replacement or is there something going on that is easily fixed? How do i get a working device this is really frustrating.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome on board @Sjahan! Sorry to hear that your Charge 3 is not syncing properly. Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience, nice way to go!

Since you've exhausted all the tips and recommendations for this situation, I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This isnt a case for somebody from support to touch base and try to assist... The Charge 3 is riddled with Software bugs that simply shouldn't have still been present at consumer release. These issues are effecting hundreds/thousands of early adopters and there seems to be nothing being done by Fitbit to quickly address these problems and fire out firmware releases to fix them. Ive had Fitbits before, but never have i experienced the widespread issues the charge 3 seems to be bringing us. Its a real shame because the unit is great... if it works as it should.

Best Answer

Hello, 

No one has reached out to me yet with a resolution. The problems continues, it is working sporadically, it does not start when left idle for a long period time (over night or more than 7/8 hours). 

I want to send it back and get a replacement device that actually works. 

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having to reboot my charge 3 everyday 

Problems need fixing are

sometimes won’t sync

sometimes no device found 

sometimes no sleep tracking 

sometimes not recording water intake 

doesn’t count steps when walking in water 

sometimes doesn’t record day of activity 

this is driving me mad 

don’t know if only my one or others experiencing too ?

should I take it back to where I brought it and get a refund ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you enter a ticket for me?  It was fine for months but now it's barely working. What should i do?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I took mine back to where I brought it and they replaced it with a new one
I’ve only had this one for about a month now
I only have to restart it about once or twice a week

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes