Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 suddenly loses battery life

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 3 and it has recently started quickly losing battery life. It went from holding power for a week to not holding power for a day. Everything else is fine. What is wrong that the battery life would suddenly be an issue?

Moderator edit: label

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Bergerqueen.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. Let me share that our team started to release a new version of the Fitbit app which brings fixes to bugs and improvements. I recommend to download it once you see it available: How do I update the Fitbit app?

You can check our tips to maximize your Fitbit device's battery life in Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

By the way, I've moved your post to Other Charge Trackers board so we can keep our forums organized.

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response. I'll try your recommendations.

Best Answer

Is this update currently available? It is unclear whether it is available to me. 

Best Answer

Hi Bergerqueen. I’ve been having the same problem with my Charge 3. I charged my Fitbit early Sunday morning (6/20), but by the afternoon, the charge level fell from 100% to around 5%. Before, the charge would last 2-3 days. I’ve had to fully charge it twice today. I found the update; click on the “How do I update” link that Liliya gave in her post. I didn’t see it at first but I pulled the page down and the Fitbit app icon appeared with “update” in blue; just tap it and it updates. The current version should be: “Fitbit 3.43.1 (1057) Copyright 2021 Fitbit Inc.” Now I hope it works. Good luck! 😊

Best Answer

I also am having this same issue. I am 3.42 version and it says my app is up to day. I pulled down the app to refresh but nothing new pops up to update. Mine has been happening since early Saturday 6/19 morning. Annoying, I have lost 3 days of tracking. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @jerseyoldschool. It’s good to see you in the community, @LmcMomma. Thank you for your reply, @Bergerqueen.

@jerseyoldschool Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I appreciate your efforts and hope the latest app update will resolve the issue for you. Thank you for sharing your tips to update the app. I appreciate your time and efforts to help other users. 

@Bergerqueen @LmcMomma I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. As @jerseyoldschool mentioned, the latest version of the iOS Fitbit app is 3.43.1. We release updates to all customers in phases and you should have the option to update the app soon. 

Hope this gets you back on track. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I had the same issue with mine today too. It was at 88% this afternoon. I just looked at my fitbit ro check the number of steps I for today and it died at some point between 6pm and 8pm without a notification. I checked my app and it says it is up to date.

Best Answer

Good morning, Liliya,

I wish I could say I had good news about my Fitbit Charge 3...but I can't. I updated the app, and recharged my Fitbit to 100% before going to bed. My Fitbit tracks my sleep, so in the course of 5 hours and 33 minutes, the charge had dropped 7% when I woke up this morning. I'm recharging yet again as I type this.

Clearly, updating the app did not work. There is an obvious flaw in the Fitbit Charge 3. I've only had this watch since early March, just short of four months. This is my THIRD replacement watch in LESS THAN A YEAR. The first replacement developed black lines across the display screen, the second replacement when dead after recharging, and now this current replacement cannot hold a charge.

I don't know what low quality watches Fitbit is producing, or if the replacement watches they send out are likely recycled defective watches, but I am not a happy customer. I had a wonderful Charge 2 that I bought back in 2015 that lasted for nearly five years until I broke it while it doing housework. With others in this thread having the same problems with Charge 3, something is not right at the Fitbit corporate level. 

Thanks for letting me vent, but I expect that this problem be rectified immediately.

Best Answer

I reset my app and it is at the 3.43.1 version now. I charged my Fitbit overnight and put it on at 6am at 100% and it is now at 18% at 7:10 am. This same thing happened to me last summer when my original charge 3 was doing the same thing and there were also black lines running across the screen.  I was on with customer service to try and fix it but nothing worked. So I was sent a replacement but now this one is doing the same thing. The first one lasted 7 months and this one is around 10 months. I was actually thinking about upgrading to a different style, but I am very concerned at this point and don’t want to waste my money. 

Best Answer

Same problem; similar timeline for onset - it seems rather odd that several users are reporting the same issues with battery life, screen darkness and vibration!  I’ve done both a quick reset and a long reset to no avail. I don’t have access to the latest update yet, but other users have reported that it didn’t fix issues.  A week ago my battery was lasting for a week, and since the weekend my battery barely lasts 4 hours, then it goes into constant vibration mode until it dies. My device is about a year and a half old, not abused and certainly not ready for replacement!  This is very frustrating!!! 

Best Answer

@jerseyoldschool almost the exact same issues here. I got my first FitBit, Charge 3 for Xmas 2019, it lasted until about July/August 2020 when I started getting black lines across my display and then losing battery life. Was on with customer service twice and nothing they recommended worked, so they sent me a replacement since I was still under warranty. Now with the replacement, which has been about 10 months I am having the battery issues. Mine goes from 100% to 0 in just over an hour. So now it's just sitting on my dresser and I really debating what to do. I was going to upgrade to the new watch that is similar to the Apple Watch but I don't want to keep going through the same thing.

Best Answer

LillyaFitbit, the community has spoken. The update doesn't seem to work nor do the fixes you've suggested. Does Fitbit plan to address this? I'd like to have brand loyalty but there is clearly something wrong with a subset of Charge 3s that doesn't engender it.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. For all of you who are new to the Fitbit community, welcome.

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. I appreciate everyone's feedback, I understand that this can be very frustrating. I recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can look deeper into the issue and discuss the options available to you. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bergerqueenand @LmcMomma, exactly!! I have nothing positive to update. I charged my Charge 3 early this morning to 100% and by noon, it was down to 51%. It fell to 4% by late afternoon, but held off recharging until 8pm. As of now (11pm), it is down to 87%. Basically had to recharge the watch twice today. The app update did not work, or rebooting or anything else. Now to top it off, there’s one thin black line going across the top of the screen, through the numbers (11:03). I’m going to call customer support and I guess they’ll send me yet another watch. With so many people having problems with this watch, I can definitely say the Fitbit Charge 3 is a highly defective watch! I started to price the Apple Watch and check out some other brands (Garmin, etc.). At some point I’ll just have to give up on Fitbit; great concept, subpar execution. ☹️👎

Best Answer

Hi, I’ve had this problem too, over the past couple of days. I’ve updated the app and updated my phone. 

Did you manage to resolve the battery life with your Fitbit?..

Sharon..🤗

Best Answer
No. I went on vacation and my Fitbit was working great. The first day it
was fine and now it barely holds a charge for a day. I have no idea what
happened. I’ve cleaned it updated everything. Still not holding a
charge. --
Cheryle A. Roberts
Best Answer

Mine has been doing the same thing since around Sunday. The charge only seems to last a day when previously it lasted a few. 

Best Answer

Mine has just started to lose power over the last couple of days.. I had full charge this morning and now I’m at 25%..

Best Answer

I’ve updated mine and followed all the instructions they Fitbit have provided. Just wonder why it’s happening and what to do next!..😃

Best Answer