Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 was showing wrong time zone until I synced

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just a small bug as a resync fixed it but the time lost my timezone setting and went to GMT+0.
A resync fixed it but surprised it happened at all.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello there @WallyWalrick! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm glad to hear this was solved after syncing your Charge 3. 

The time on your Fitbit device may be wrong after you travel to a different time zone or when clocks change for Daylight Savings. 

Data automatically syncs to the Fitbit app throughout the day. For best results, keep all-day sync turned on.

If you turn off all-day sync, we recommend syncing at least once a day. Each time you open the Fitbit app, your device syncs automatically when it's nearby. For more information, see How do Fitbit devices sync their data?

Let me know if this happens again, I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit 

That is all true, but I wasnt travelling, I dont live in an area with daylight savings, for the states that do have daylight savings, it doesnt finish yet, and I have sync all day turned on.

Also it lost 10 hours and its gmt+10 here.

It would seem to be a bug.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @WallyWalrick, thanks for coming back and for the details provided. While reading your post I was wondering if you've checked that your mobile phone is included in our list of supported devices? See: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

If so, in order to solve this, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Charge 3 and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device" for iOS and "Unpair" for Android.

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. 

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements at: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit,
Yes, the Samsung Galaxy S7 is a supported device.

I'm not sure why you are suggesting removing and re-adding the fitbit. It was a once off thing.
Considering other people recently had the same issue but only once it would suggest a backend change or bug...or could be coincidence and just a general Charge 3 firmware bug. 
The issue is that considering the Charge 3 has alarms etc that they could be affected by a change like this. There have also been a number of posts regarding alarms going off at the wrong time.
While syncing is necessary for the Charge 3, there is NO reason why it should suddenly revert to UTC/GMT+0 for no reason, especially not a bluetooth issue when all other functions were working normally.
It has to be a bug.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Syncing only works if you leave your phone on instead of airplane mode. I only leave my phone on if we need navigation. Otherwise too expensive. We travel a lot and this link in my Fitbit is very aggravating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can manually set the timezone that you want, and not worry about the auto timezone feature. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Setting to a specific time zone only works if you don't venture in and out
of your home zone.
Best Answer
0 Votes