Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't scroll between screens

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue with my Charge 3 for about 6 months where the device won't scroll.  I've tried resetting it many times, which didn't help.

Really disappointed to see how many issues people are having with their Fitbit products, and to see how short the life expectancy is.  I've had my watch for just about a year, and it's been a dud for about half it's life.

Any other options to try and fix the scroll?  I'm assuming that Fitbit will be of no help here in providing a product they stand by.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @likwid07. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for the experience and thank you for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. Please note that any feedback posted in the forums is always welcome as it helps to improve our products, services and overall environment.

At this time, I'd recommend performing a long restart to your Charge 3, a long restart is different than the basic one and you can complete the process by following the steps below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @WilsonFitbit thanks for your response.

I tried the long restart, and the watch just goes to a black (unresponsive) screen after holding the button down for 15 seconds while plugged in.  I spoke to someone from Fitbit, and they said there's nothing else I can do.

I have to say I'm really disappointed as a Fitbit customer.  This issue started within 6 months of purchase, but unfortunately I didn't get in touch until after the warranty period.  Looking at other Fitbit customer experiences, it doesn't look like the average lifetime lasts much longer than a year (coincidentally which is when the warranty period ends).

The Fitbit team offered a discount, which comes across as more of an insult than an offer.  It only applies to regularly priced items, and I can easily find the watches at a better deal than the discount that was offered. This is not good. 

Seems like the company is just pushing products that fill landfills.  Wish there was more quality and more real support behind these expensive products.

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

@likwid07 Thank you very much for your reply. 

I also appreciate your help in following the suggested troubleshooting steps. In addition, I understand how you are feeling and appreciate the feedback provided and please note that any feedback posted in the forums is always welcome as it helps to improve our products, services and overall environment.

On a side note, I'd like to let you know that replacement devices are provided for products that are within the warranty period. If your original Charge 3 is no longer under warranty a discount could be an available option. For more information about our warranty policy, I recommend visiting the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes