Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

At shortly after 4PM,yesterday, my fitbit vibrated for an extended period of time and then died.  It will no longer turn on and will not respond to being charged or plugged in to the computer.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @RonL628 I have flagged a moderator to come and help you.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @RonL628, thanks for stopping by and sharing those details about your Charge 3's behavior. 

I'd recommend performing a long restart by following the steps below:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again

Thanks for flagging the post @NellyG😉

Give this a go and let us know the outcome. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit @NellyG .  Nelly thank you for the flag.  Marre.  Nothing at all happens when I plug it in an hold the button down.  As of this morning, I felt it "pulse" on my arm a few times.  The screen has been and remains black since it vibrated before death.  When I say that, I mean that it vibrated for a few minutes and did not stop until it became non-responsive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @RonL628, thanks for getting back and letting me know the outcome. 

I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon! 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to help you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

What ended up happening with your Charge 3?!  I'm having the same issue....

Best Answer
0 Votes
They ended up having to replace the device.  It was beyond repairable.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

They replaced the device.  It was beyond repairable. Sorry you are having the same trouble.  As a side bar, the replacement is in the process of being replaced again.the display is broken.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks so much. Did you have an extra warranty or did they just do that
for you?!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue.  My Charge 3 won't charge, turn on or anything.  Please help?!

Best Answer
0 Votes