Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 Inaccurate Heart Rate Variability

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 4 HRV varies between9ms and 16ms. I consider myself to be very fit and have an excellent fitness score. Am I actually dead?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @nannypenny. Welcome to Community Forums.

I appreciate the feedback and comments. I'd recommend you check you have the latest Fitbit Firmware and OS of your mobile device, then follow these instructions to restart your device.

Also check these articles, How accurate are Fitbit devices?How do I track heart rate with my Fitbit device? and What factors can affect my heart rate reading on my Fitbit device?.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nannypenny ignore the moderator's reply because as usual he (it? maybe a bot?) is completely ignoring the question.

My experience says that the HRV absolutely value are very subjective and a low value can be actual normal for you. Typically rather than considering their values you should actually consider just the relative variation.

If you're concerned anyway about your health, or if you are actually confident it's an error of your wearable, you might want to check your values with a specialized visit or using another device deemed very accurate such as the chest strap Polar H10.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes