Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 battery is draining quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Device goes dead after 1 day. 100%charge that takes 3 hours to complete.  Tracker was just activated about 2 weeks ago.  Frustrating. 

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @ffmom , unfortunately the Charge 4 is an older device and has not been sold new for quite some time.  As you may be aware, all rechargeable batteries have a limited life span and how batteries are managed makes a big difference in how long they last.  You mention that your Charge 4 was activated only a couple of weeks ago.  In that case it seems likely that it has spent many months or even a year or more in a fully discharged state, which is not good for batteries.

You could try giving your Charge 4 a restart - instructions are here .  A restart will shut down any background activities that may be causing unusual battery discharge.  This might help, but I am afraid that it is more likely that you will need to charge your Fitbit daily moving forward until you are ready to upgrade to a newer device.

I am sorry not to have better news for you.  Welcome to the Community!  Please post again with any further questions about your Fitbit.  There is always someone here to help.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@ffmom Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. @Julia_G Thanks a lot for all your recommendations and knowledge. 

While all the information provided by @Julia_G is really helpful, I believe there is another thing that you may forget. If this is a new device, you are probably missing an update for its Firmware.  Although this isn't a very new device, there is a chance to have some updates pending. 

With that in mind, I suggest to follow the steps deceived here

Best Answer