Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 broken band connector

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The connector pieces between the hardware and the wrist band have broken. Looking at the watch, I'm not sure how you would be able to repair it. How do I go about exercising a warranty claim? This is my fifth fitbit watch, with only one claim for a wrist band. I hope this brand loyalty is acknowledged.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/warranty 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
139 REPLIES 139

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/warranty 

Best Answer

Thanks for trying to help but I need support from Fitbit customer support because the link isn't helpful. The tracker/hardware is broken, as opposed to the wrist band, so I need to talk to customer support. I click the customer support link, and subsequent Charge 4 links which lands me on a page with commonly asked questions/quick links, of which my issue is not one of. It then does not give me any further options.

I've tried going through the 'Get Support' pathway but this lands on a blank page? so this community page is the only genuine help I can get but it's still not functional for the help I need. 

Any further advice? 

Best Answer

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Fitbit customer support is doing their best, but right now be prepared for longer wait times. Please be patient. Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same thing happen on both sides of the unit at the same time. Both connectors broke. I bought mine in Sept 2020 and it happened on Nov 2021, two months after the warranty ran out. I contacted customer support and was offered a 35% discount with exclusions. But because of holiday discounts, the discount code can’t be applied. Doesn’t feel like an offer. 
This is my 2nd Fitbit tracker. To have one break like this and they won’t replace this close to warranty is disheartening. Why would I buy another?  

Best Answer

Exact same thing happened to my Fitbit yesterday! Did you hear back from anyone? Not sure how long the Fitbit charge 4 warranty is? I have had my Fitbit for 14 months.

Best Answer

Hi @Myriamthepooh  warranty is one year in the USA and two years in some European countries

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah this link goes nowhere. Is it just me or do you get to what's essentially an empty page?

Any contact numbers to call for those living in NZ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The link I refer to is the customer support link you gave.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not the best answer. Don't know how to remove this notification so just a FYI for everyone

Best Answer

No I haven't heard anything because I don't know how to report the problem. I live in NZ and the only phone lines they give are international and I don't want to have to pay to wait in a queue. The second problem is the customer support link they say to follow on the website lands on an empty page?! Are you able to see if you can access the customer support page? I wonder if it's a me problem or whether fitbit have removed access for customers to report problems because they are swamped with their current workload

Best Answer

@Tai89 at the bottom of most of the pages on this forum there is a series of links for more information. Click on "Help" and when that page opens up, go to "Get Support"    I'm not sure on trying to give you a link to it as I'm in the USA. Most people find the chat option is the fastest way to reach support. I don't have a number for NZ.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Tai89

I had the same problem happen to me on the same day as you -- and unfortunately FitBit will not replace the Charge 4.  I purchased the FitBit 14 months ago -- so it's out of warranty -- but very interesting same thing has happened to you.  I wonder is this  known defect.

Best Answer

wow same thing with me -- seems like this is a product defect...

Best Answer

The only feedback I have received is through the chat function. There is zero acknowledgment that Fitbit has a real issue with their Charge 4 connectors. I keep getting the same canned “35% discount” on an new purchase. We can all see how consistent this is happening at the 14 month mark , just out of warranty. 
I have reached out 5 times and keep getting the same result. I am really disappointed that on the heels of Google buying Fitbit, they won’t replace my tracker when it was merely 2 months out of warranty and clearly a manufacturing design flaw that has impacted others too. 
This is the 3rd Fitbit tracker for me and my family. If they won’t do something more than offer the same discount I can get online with a new purchase, why would I buy a new one from them?

Best Answer

As your post says (and many others) this is definitely a product design flaw, what is really upsetting is that they won't stand behind their product.  if you are fortunate to have purchased your device and live in the EU there is a 2 year warranty.

Best Answer

Happened to me as well.  One month out of warranty.  They really should come up with a solution. There is clearly an design flaw.

Best Answer

In the US. Only 12 months. Something magical about the 14 month mark. Cheap plastic connectors on a $150 tracker. Fitbit: embrace customer engagement and do what is right for your customers and your community. Stonewalling on your customers will drive good people who have purchased multiple products of yours to other providers 

Best Answer

It’s frustrating for sure. Fitbit community members who purchased Charge 4s aren’t being given reasons to hang around after purchasing products that don’t last. Why not replace the tracker as opposed to a weak discount that happens to match the sale price online. 
Fitbit: take care of your customers. 

Best Answer

This happened to me too after one year. Out of warranty of course. I’m basically out of luck if I don’t want a used Fitbit. Gross Covid risk. I guess the company doesn’t care. I will not buy another poor quality Fitbit.

Best Answer