Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 broken band connector

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The connector pieces between the hardware and the wrist band have broken. Looking at the watch, I'm not sure how you would be able to repair it. How do I go about exercising a warranty claim? This is my fifth fitbit watch, with only one claim for a wrist band. I hope this brand loyalty is acknowledged.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
139 REPLIES 139

I have never seen the connector pieces break.  I wonder if this is because I have never used the bands that come with the FitBit, I always replace them with the "sports" band that is lighter and more flexible - I suspect this just puts less strain on the connectors.PXL_20220101_141256070_2.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happened same to me just 3 days ago. After 1 year and 6 months of use. Horrible talking to customer service, who offered me a mere discount and recommended me to buy an extra warranty next time. This hardware is garbage. Looking at how many people have gone through this issue tells me a product failure, which company is not standing behind. Time to look elsewhere, I guess.

Best Answer

Mandy if you look on amazon you can find a case for your fitbit.  Look up Goseth protective case. $12 well spent.  The tracker fits into the case so you can still wear it.  Not the most attractive but better than a useless tracker.  Fitbit should really step up and find a solution to an obvious product flaw. Buying another defective item is not a solution.

.  Otherwise they will be losing their customer base.

Best Answer

Interesting, will look into Goseth case. Has anybody thought or tried getting this claim from Credit Card Extended warranty program? Will try tomorrow and let you know, if I get success.

Best Answer

I have the same sports band and mine has broken three times. I think maybe because I have a small wrist so it is on a tighter fit and more pull. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The “best answer” link is for broken band, no the broken connection piece. 

Best Answer

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi there,

Both the bands that were supplied with my Fitbit 4 have broken. The Fitbit itself had been replaced as well. A refurbished Fitbit was sent to me to replace my Fitbit that was still under warranty. The replacement Fitbit sent to me had someone else’s personal information on it and I was definitely sent a used Fitbit. I would be ok with this but it’s a faulty device. I know have two broken Fitbit bands and a Fitbit device that can’t be used with replacement bands. This is super frustrating. How can I receive a completely new Fitbit to replace by broken Fitbit that was still under warranty? I was sent a used Fitbit to replace my own new broken Fitbit and the “new” refurbished/used Fitbit came with its own set of problems and is faulty.

Best Answer

I have been using different models of Fitbit since 7 years now and i just dont know how to go about a normal life without my tracker! But its a shame how the brand is treating the community these days. I bought my Fitibit Charge 4 November 2020 and the clamp for the band broke in June, in just 6 months! Since it was covered under warranty i got a replacement with some arguments in about a week! However, the clamp for the new replacement broke again in less than 6 months! Since this time the warranty had expired, my mails, calls, tweets are royally being ignored!

I save for months to pick a new model and cannot afford to buy a new one every year. I really need help with a replacement part.

Best Answer

go through the chat. they are some what helpful, but the Charge 4 replacements will continue to break. I am on my 3rd replacement since Thanksgiving. 

Best Answer

it is 100% a known defect. i was told by support that they cannot produce every product perfect and stuff like this happens. i've had 3 replacements since November, i would say its a huge problem, but they don't care. they keep sending the same Charge 4 that breaks

Best Answer

Really upsetting. Cannot afford this loss. And honestly I really need a replacement. I don’t even mind paying for repairs or replacement for the part. But in vain! 

Best Answer

there is no replacement for the part, only way to replace is buying a new charge 5. you can't even buy the Charge 4 anymore (in the US)

Best Answer

The Charge 4 is no longer carried by Fitbit.com's sales page because it's been discontinued. That is the reason for not being able to purchase a Charge 4 from Fitbit. It is, however, still available at authorized retailers that may still have them in stock. .The Charge 5 replaced the Charge 4. There never have been replacement parts available for Fitbit devices and I've been around for close to nine years.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members. @Odyssey13 Thanks for your help!

Thanks for letting us know about your Charge 4 and the pictures provided. This isn't the type of experience that we want you to have, and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Every feedback shared in the forums helps us to evaluate and improve our products, rest assured yours won't be the exception.

If you haven't done so, I'd recommend contacting our Support team so they can evaluate your options and bring you back on track. They're available via chat and phone, just click here to get connected with them.

See you around.

Best Answer

Your support team does not reply!! And when they do, it’s an auto generated reply which brags about your warranty policy which is no good! 

Best Answer

Today I had the same issue. I bought my fitbit 14 months ago. I am very disappointed because it can't be fixed.

Best Answer

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/1875280A-3284-4952-9EAC-0883BD073765?ingress=2&visitId=b8e30741-5...

There are places to fix Fitbit devices such as https://www.joesge.com/collections/fitbit-repair-parts or https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Fitbit_Smartwatch

If you were sent a replacement without having to return the damaged unit, use the parts from the damaged unit if you are confident in doing self-repair. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @AnamikaKhosla and @laygan@Elihl Welcome on board.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, I'm sorry that you've gone through this situation with your Charge 4. Our team constantly works to improve our devices and the experience with it, and please know every feedback shared in the forums is a big part of the process.

As you may know, our Support team handles every case individually and based on our Warranty Policy. However, I understand where you're coming from and my best advice is to get in touch with our team so they can provide you with more details about their resolution. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've gotten in touch with them for weeks. I had to send back my Charge 4 and it's been lost by Fed ex but fitbit refuses to file a claim so I get my money back. So instead I just threw $140 out the window. Will never buy another fitbit again or recommend one. Worst company ever 

Best Answer