Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 just fell apart today

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my Fitbit Charge 4 just fell apart today.  

the plastic that connects the unit to the band, just broke. 

of course it is not covered under warranty. 

this is clearly a poor design as there are plenty of others who have also experienced the same problem. 

just warning all Do not buy the charge.  I wouldn't even buy the new one if the connection is still plastic

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @SunsetRunner. 

Thank you for all the details that you've provided regarding the problem that you experienced with your Charge 4. 

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Yes. Had only just got my replacement pebble less than a week ago for the exact same problem and it had happened again. Don't know hiw many pebbles and bands I must have been sent under warranty over the past few jyeara

They persist with the same poor design and never admit to it. They just refer yoi to customer services but they won't say it either. Why don't they fix the design rather than bringing out new models all the time. Irritating as it is a good product but I will no longer persists with s company that won't fix a simple design problem. Syop.makong them so you can switch bands. Who cates about doing that?

---------------------------

At least they Te now sending me a replacement complimentary pebble.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thank you for taking the time to share all your feedback about the Charge 4. The team of developers is constantly working to improve the quality of products and services and they appreciate all feedback provided by users. It's good to now that you'll be receiving a replacement pebble. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopeless. Two weeks and had to claim twice for s pebble and now I have to claim for a replacement band. Been useless bands ever since Fitbit started. Never gey a good answr as to what yoivate doing aboit it. 

---------------------

Ot should be very very simple. Contact a watch manufacturer or juts make them like a watch. Easy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thank you for your reply and for all your feedback about the product. 

It seems that you've been in contact with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this inconvenience and they've sent you a response. In this case, since this is problem with the I recommend that you continue the assistance process with them, so they can let you know how to proceed. 

Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The bands are very weird - had a similar issue with mine and just got the replacement for my charge 4.

The loop pin that's used to connect the one side band to the other just tore through. It's barely a year old and I don't do any heavy exercise/work etc, so I can't understand how it broke so easy...

Of course, where I'm located, Fitbit doesn't sell original band accessories/replacements (or at least I've not been able to find authentic Fitbit accessories anywhere online here) so I had to do with one of those imitations. If that lasts more time, I'm gonna be laughing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KatesHere Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the product and your experience with the device. Comments from users are always useful to continue improving the quality of products and services, and all feedback received from users is greatly appreciated. 

Have a good day. 

Best Answer

same issue today! any way we can get it fixed or replaced?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community forums, @chant123

Thank you for sharing that you've been experiencing the same inconvenience with your Charge 4. 

I've been informed that you already got in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue and the support team dismissed it saying it is out of warranty and gave me a 30 percent off the new fit bit product. This is a very disappointing experience with the product and support team.  

The smart watch did everything it is supposed to do; tracks my heart rate, runs and steps. I will not consider myself a heavy user because I do not wear it to shower, pools and to bed. 

Unfortunately, after 15 months of usage, the claps came off followed by the part of the watch that holds the strap. There is no repair center in Singapore and the only solution is to replace it. 

I had other fitness watches and they are still working and last longer than the Charge 4. 

I am disappointed with the Charge 4 and I hope Fitbit can review the Charge 4’s straps and design to build a better product. 
Best Answer

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @RegularJ

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the Charge 4.  

I'm sorry to see that you've experienced this problem with the device. It is particularly difficult when the device is no longer covered by the warranty, but even tough Support is eager to help with any problem you may experience with the product, they need to adhere to the official warranty policy, this would start counting from the original date of purchase.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the Charge 4; comments from users are always useful to continue to improving the quality of products and services. 

Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issu but i'm 1 month over the waranty. So they offered me a little 35% off on a new watch. Why should i buy a New watch that doesn't Last more than a year. And now than i see that they know the issu its even more frustrating. 

Best Answer

The same thing happened to me.  Glue worked for about 2 months then it broke again.  More glue,  now it is not recording my workouts ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
thanks for the hint
But for me it's still a bad product if you have to glue it after 13 month.
It won't change the fact that the costumer service is as bad as the produc itself.
Best Answer

I have same problem too. The fitbit I bought in February broke in August and was replaced  by fitbit as was in warranty. Now the replacement has also developed the same fault. NOT impressed 😕 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, welcome to the Community forums, @Phil015 @tcrhuff85 @Vickbron9.  

Thank you for confirming that you're experiencing the same inconvenience with the Charge 4. 

Since this is about a hardware problem, I recommend that you continue the communication with the Customer Support team so they can provide you with further instructions. 

Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have used three different versions of Fitbit over the past several years and have enjoyed the abilities of the product BUT there are design errors that should have been addressed as the Charge 3 has band connection issues and my new Charge 4 ( only in uses since June 2021) has broken plastic connectors for the band and Fitbit is now saying it isn’t there fault and they have denied a replacement.  Plus even if they did approve a replacement, from what the community is saying, they send refurbished products.  What a joke!  I tried replying to several emails from Fitbit that questioned my request for a replacement and it was like I was a criminal and trying to scam them as each reply was questioning why I wanted to return it.  Your product has potential but with poor design and production plus the very poor service department, I am done with Fitbit and will upgrade to an Apple Watch!  Until you people at Fitbit wake up and listen to your consumers, you will never survive in this competitive market.

Best Answer

I’ve had the same issue today. Can someone please point in the right direction of getting this fixed? Many thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine fell apart yesterday. Fitbit support offered me a replacement or 50% off a new one. I accepted the latter to get the new Charge 5 having read it had a metal case again. I tried to purchase it and it wouldn't accept the discount. I spoke to support again to be told the Charge 5 was exempt from the discount! The sense is too big for my wrist so sadly I had to get a replacement Charge 4 or pay full price for a Charge 5 😞 - what a rubbish deal. I have been so disappointed with the Charge 4 since I got it Jan 21. I'm tempted to move to a different brand completely if anyone has any recommendations, I've been a loyal fitbit customer since the first charge came out, such a shame!

Best Answer